What's new
What's new

Coolant Mist Collectors

metalmadness

Hot Rolled
Hello fellow geniuses,

I have had something in the back of my mind since I bought our machines a few years ago and that is COOLANT MIST! I regret not buying mist collectors when we got the machines but oh well. I was running some heavy roughing yesterday and the coolant was getting completely vaporized at the cut. Looked like someone was vaping in my machine. Now this has been something I have known about obviously but I never really gave much effort to solving the problem.

I especially notice breathing in mist when cleaning the table and fixtures with compressed air. Ugh! I would really prefer not to wear a respirator all day long.

I'm looking at the Mistaway units because they are an economical choice and our machines are small.

I've read through some reviews on this site but I wanted some feedback from you guys. Good brand? Worth it? Not worth it? Any other suggestions for managing mist?

We have a couple Mistaways, I like them. Other more expensive brands may be better, but the Mistaways do such a good job I'll keep buying them.

Mistaways are fine. They work well. They don't eliminate mist 100%, but they do make a HUGE difference.
Simple to install. Run on 110v. Can integrate with machine, or not. The tighter your machine's enclosure is sealed, the better.
Just know this: one of the filters in there can not be cleaned, only replaced. And it does not last forever.
When the gauge on the unit hits the red, the ONLY fix is replacing that filter. They are not exactly cheap (the filters).
So yea, while the price of entry is real good. Cost of ownership is kinda crappy if you run a lot of hours.

I just put this filtermist 575 unit in recently. The 2 flap valves and the y were only about 60$ on amazon and you can get full suction on either machine or half on both. I used the cheap duravent hose ($25 for 25' but it would work better with the type with more wires turns per foot). Major improvement!

Attachments

• filtermist.jpg
    filtermist.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 67

Back