Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolant mixer

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I made one about the same as post 16, cost under £30.

one thing I did do is set up a tap with an electric valve and a timer wired in. set the timer so it fills whatever buckets you use to get it to the machine about 3\4 full to account for pressure changes and you have no worries about forgetting about it and flooding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat (pti) View Post
    I bought this product from MSC a year ago. Use it every day between 3 machines that use the same coolant. No issues yet. https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/09407008
    It saves us almost $500 buying the 55 gallon drum over the same amount in a 5 gallon bucket. Seems as the the drum has lasted longer too.
    I've been using that same one for going on 20 years, no problems.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally I don't like any premixers. It seems operators just look at the coolant being low then head over to the drum and fill the machine up with premixed THEN check the mix at the machine. Always waaay above 6-7. By this point the tanks full and in order to thin the mix they put a bucket on the table and pump it out. Then start guessing as to what they should add. Seems so many have a hard time with the concept of evaporation.

It sucks walking up to a machine that looks like they've been using glue for coolant.

4. Likes BGL liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's why I like the automatic mixer on the Haas. Machine tells me it's low, I check the mix, if the concentration is low I bump the mix ratio and hit the button. If it's high I drop the ratio and hit the button. If it's good, just hit the button.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How do most of you check your coolant in the tank. I have been using a refractometer. But the instructions say it's only for fresh coolant. Should I be getting testing straps? I have been going though a fair bit of coolant and yet the ratio has not been getting a lot richer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shudda bought one years ago...............works pretty good. Just drag it to the machine and start filling................................

img_0021.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pattnmaker View Post
    How do most of you check your coolant in the tank. I have been using a refractometer. But the instructions say it's only for fresh coolant. Should I be getting testing straps? I have been going though a fair bit of coolant and yet the ratio has not been getting a lot richer.
    With a refractometer and just run the coolant and grab a few drops after it shuts off.