UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    Did you pee in it???

Trim Sol is one of those big dogs in the coolant business? Right? You can't order a case of toilet paper and bucket of floor wax with Trim-Sol, can you???

If you're having a problem, odds are they will test your stuff for free, they want happy customers.

Something has changed, did the city start adding some crap to the water.

If you have employees, especially a new one, you might have your culprit. Urine, semen, tobacco spit, that last little warm bit of Coca Cola. Soaps, bleaches, tapping fluids can throw your stuff out of whack also. Is the janitor dumping his mop bucket in the machine??

If you are using a quality coolant, you can rarely blame it on the coolant, its usually something stupid.
    One big shop where I worked the coolant system was the urinal and garbage can so workers could go play cards or the like during break instead of going to the wash room. That shop was in Detroit so you might have that problem in your shop. Coolant passage ways would be plugged with cigarette filters, coolant smelled like cat pee and would stop working as it should..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ive used trim sol e206 for over a decade now. We go thru a 55 gallon drum every 8 months or so. The barrel I got earlier this year, is DEFINITELY different than all the past ones. Nothing has changed here in my shop, but this barrel seems to separate really fast, seems more slimy and the water, for whatever reason, seems to evaporate really fast. Most likely from it separating so quickly. This has always been a good coolant for us, but I wont be buying another drum. Im my opinion, I think they changed the composition of this product. We used to get this for 700 bucks a drum, then 800, then 900 etc etc, and now with our discount, we are up to 1200 delivered thru msc. Time to try something else, but I really liked the fact that this stuff doesnt smell bad.

3. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have been with the pricing as well, but as I read posts here - everyones oil has gone up - not just following crude either.

What we started dooing last yr was that me and a chumm git together and buy 5 drums at one time. We even mix and match as he takes 206 and I still run SOL. We still git the discount. I pick up right on their dock.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh
    Ox

5. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see that jdj (started this thread) has not logged in since the end of April.

Anyone know what's up?

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh
    Ox

7. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not an answer to the main problem, but most places I have worked add the antifungal pellets to the coolant to extend the coolant life.

9. Likes jdj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I see that jdj (started this thread) has not logged in since the end of April.

Anyone know what's up?
    -----------------------

Think Snow Eh
    Ox

It has been a VERY "interesting" time since then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never did figure out what was going on with the Trim-sol. Got some other soluble oil type and haven't had those problems again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not enough people in this shop to be very likely a person pissing or spitting in it. I am the first one in and the last one out.