What's new
What's new

coolant ports to feed lathe tooling on Takisawa

rfrink

Cast Iron
On a takisawa TCN-2100 I would like to plumb a coolant line to an Allied Spade drill so I get thru coolant to the tip of the drill.

This machine doesn't have any pipe thread coolant port in the turret, just those swiveling brass ball jets.

The spade drill has a 1/8" NPT port on the back of the shank..I can fit a barbed nipple and hose too...

How or where can I get an adaptor so I can fit a hose to those swivel jet ports?

Or perhaps there's a better way to get coolant thru this drill?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

I’ve got a TCN-2600 we use coolant thru for an Iscar SumoCham drill. It’s been so long since we set it up though I don’t remember exactly what the connection looks like. I’ll look tomorrow.

Surely there is a coolant hose coming up to the turret from the pump. Couldn't you just put a tee in there and keep life simple?

(Sorry, just thinking aloud.....)

the coolant hose way works ok until you index the turret. But if ya put a quick disconnect coupling on it and take it off each time, that certainly works. Not sure how big the coolant balls on your turret are, but some of mine are drilled for 1/8" pipe so I can screw a locline nozzle in them. do the same as someone mentioned above.

Back