What's new
What's new

CTX 400 turret problems

Deckel

Plastic
Hi all,
I have a CTX 400 Serie II Gildemeister cnc lathe (fanuc controler) and have major problem with the turret.
In MDI mode I can call any tool and it will index every time.
In memory, while running a program, at the first tool change command, if the right tool is already in place a program stop occures and I cant continu (start)machining. If the turret has to index, it unlocks, start to rotate a bit then the alarm 1013 -tool holder not locked- occure. This happens every time I start a program (not every, let say 249 times out of 250 try.) It is even more mind bugging when once in a while it works for no reason! Something interesting, the program I run is self repeating, and if by a luck I can start it, it never stops and there are 3 tools changes in a single run. :nutter:

Thanks, Maxime

Hello,
There might be a switch damaged or needs a new adjustment.
Take off the covers from the turret body and check them!

It's a 2002, only have user manual, not maintenance. Didn't really tought it could be a sensor since once the program starts, it keeps going and going. Also, in MDI this error never happens (and should still use the same sensors...). To reset the error I call another tool manualy and the turret gets back on track.

Maxime

The first thing I would check is under the cover of the turret 30 minutes. I have manual for that lathe. Where are you in Quebec?

Robert

I work at the ''Cegep du Vieux Montréal'', a college in Montréal.
It is a lathe used for mecanical engineering classes.
In the manual if you see any drawings of what's behind that cover so I know what's coming, I would really appreciate you to somehow scan it for me.

Thanks, Maxime

I'm not at the shop until Monday I'm going to Quebec tomorrow morning but if you bring your turret down and toward the chuck you can remove this cover nothing will move it's just a cover I remove it several time. I'm no expert but it's like if your turret position is lost somehow.

Back