What's new
What's new

A custom milling macro program for a 3 axis lathe. HELP!

Svellie

Plastic
Hello guys.
I am completely new to this forum and please have me excused if this topic is already answered before, but I haven't found the answer yet.
(BTW; English is not my first language, sorry...)

So right to my problem:

I am currently running a Doosan Fanuc 3100XLY at work with an Doosan-FANUC i Series controller.
It is capable of milling, but not exactly anything that requires a lot of horsepower.
We mill holes for both screws and wenting air/water into the parts we make.
What I have never been able to accomplish is programming Helical milling within the dialogue as it asks for
the radius of the hole, radius of helical movement and so on, (if my memory serves me correctly)
and everything seems fine, then when simulating the program the machine decides to mill in a completely
strange manner, in the cases I've seen, outside the ID down to the bottom, then goes to the middle of the hole
and starts to mill it's way out in circles at my requested radius to it's hitting the diameter that i programmed.

Noone at work cares to figure out how to program it since we have mills doing the nasty work on the complex parts,
but there are certain milling jobs I have to do in the lathe, and to make things go faster, I would appreciate if anyone
knows how this is done.

I have also been making a macro program doing what I needed, but since I am not exactly good at programming ISO, I am also stuck at a certain place there. More into that if my first question has no answer.

Best Regards

Just want to verify what you are trying to do, but are you trying to make a bore using an endmill (instead of a boring bar) or is it something else?

Back