What's new
What's new

Cycle start on matsuura ra3 not working, no errors or alarms

rocketman923

Plastic
Let me start off by saying im a bit new to machining so please bare with me.
I recently purchased a Matsuura RA3 mill with a Yasnac MX3 controller and have been problems getting anything to run on it. Last week, after digging through different forums and speaking to Matsuura, I finally figured out how to load a program via USB but now the cycle start will not function. There are no errors or alarms and the machine says its ready but when i go to press cycle start nothing happens. I have checked to see if the button itself is functional and i can confirm that the machine recognizes that it is being pressed so im thinking that it may be disabled for some reason.

Any suggestions or advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you,
Adam

Are you in “MEM” mode? Do you maybe have the rapids and feeds turned all the way down to zero? If you go to “MDI” and type in “M6T1;” and hit cycle start does it do a tool change?

I used to be able to do tool changes and run the spindle though.
Then what happened?
Can you reference the machine?
Will it m19?

I had changed some parameters in the 6000s related to baud rate and for importing programs via rs232 but after I was no longer able to run anything in mdi or from memory.

I would put the parameters back to the old settings, and see if the problem goes away.
Sounds like you may have changed an parameter that is not related to communications.

I am having a similar issue with my Matsuura RA-IF with the Yasnac controller. I have been able to run the machine with no problems and run programs through drip feed in tape mode, but my air supply was a little low when it was doing a tool change and I had to manually put the tool arm back into position and after that I haven't been able to get anything on the programming side to work, won't do a tool change in MDI mode or fun spindle. I can control everything manually no problem. I don't get any alarm codes at all is the weird thing. Any help would be appreciated.

I am having a similar issue with my Matsuura RA-IF with the Yasnac controller. I have been able to run the machine with no problems and run programs through drip feed in tape mode, but my air supply was a little low when it was doing a tool change and I had to manually put the tool arm back into position and after that I haven't been able to get anything on the programming side to work, won't do a tool change in MDI mode or fun spindle. I can control everything manually no problem. I don't get any alarm codes at all is the weird thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Ive fixed this issue on my machine recently, what you do is after moving the arm back into position go to parameter 6219 and change the bit to 1, then press reset, change to 0, press reset, cycle power, then it should work again.

Cambié algunos parámetros en los 6000 relacionados con la velocidad de transmisión y para importar programas a través de rs232, pero después ya no pude ejecutar nada en mdi o desde la memoria.
Hola, podrías compartir los parámetros con los que resolviste el problema.

Por favor.

Back