What's new
What's new

Daewoo Puma 12L with Fanuc 10TF FAPT Control - Need parameters!

Nerv

Cast Iron
Well its my turn to ask for help,

I am getting ready to go through a Daewoo Puma 12L lathe with a Fanuc 10TF FAPT control I picked up last year. I'm not quite ready to get started but I wanted to back up the parameters just so I don't lose them. Power up the control, learn the hard way that the hydraulics fire up with the control and NOT any sort of "Ready" button like other machines I own. (Turret isn't even on the machine right now)

Spend about an hour cleaning the mess...

...bypass that contactor coil,

Power it up again, hook up serial cable, take some photos of the FAPT side system parameters in case anything goes wrong, try to get into the NC side parameters, get "No option" on the screen no matter how I try to trick the only two softkeys I have to choose from... and then, keys stop responding.

No problem, just reboot.

Blank screen. Open Fanuc NC control cabinet in the back, it's giving me a 9 on the main board which doesn't even jive with any code I can find for that board. Give all the connectors a little wiggle... and she powers back up with a bunch of checks and...

check system label error

Great. Sure glad I tried backing this up. Great plan.

Anyone have one of these they can punch all the parameters/keep relays etc from? Even just a scan of the sheet that came with the machine? This machine lost its documentation a while ago and with the exception of the parameters I wasn't too worried since I've owned a variety of Fanuc controlled machines before, both older and newer (but not a 10). Having said that I sure would like to get a copy of any documentation that is for this machine as well if anyone has it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can give me a hand on this one. My first instinct was to ignite it and watch it burn, but I'm feeling a little less impulsive now. Although the iron is in good shape on this machine I already have some other giant CNC projects on the go and I can't justify retrofitting this, either the Fanuc smartens up or she's gone.

Nerv

Is there a more appropriate location on this forum for this request? This section has so much activity I fear it will be on page three before anyone that has such a machine even sees it. Can really use the help if anyone has the info requested.

Thanks!

Nerv

Necro post, I know, I'm sorry.

I have a similar issue and also need a copy of the parameters for the same machine.

If anyone has anything, I'd be extremely grateful.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I work for Doosan. Sounds like an older machine. It will be a long shot but if you give me the serial number I can check to see if we have a backup at the factory. Like I said, a long shot, so don't get your hopes up. Serial #, date of build. Should be on the plate. This machine looks to be from the late 80's.

Paul anderson
Applications Engineer
Doosan Machine Tools America
[email protected]

Edit: I found a set of parameters from a Puma 12_10TF. You will have to punch these in by hand as it is a PDF. Send me your email address

Last edited:
We've got a Puma 12L with the 10TF control (1986).
If you're still struggling I can send the parameters as a text file as dumped from the machine.
The machine is set up in metric.

Locknut hooked me up, but yes please! My issue isn't that I've lost the parameters. Well, we did a few years ago, but when the machine was set back up we lost our ability to use G50 to clamp the spindle speed. I'm hoping to copy the bits I'm missing.

Your paras would be great, because the only difference between yours and mine is the L! Same year and everything.

Actually I'm surprised that G50 would not work for clamping the spindle. Is that controlled by a parameter?
Does G92 work by any chance?

G92 we use for threading.

We have a tonne of old programs that have G50Sxxxx in them, and I'm told by the other machinist that it definitely always used to work.

But since the paras were lost and put back in, it doesn't work. The spindle turns at minimum speed regardless of what S you call. You have to shut the machine off to clear it too, it's really irritating.

It's quite literally any time G50 is called.
For example:

G96S220M3;
G50S2000;

And the spindle will spin at the lowest RPM possible for the gear it's in.

I can't post any actual programs, I'm at home.

They're all 0.

But they're also 0 in the parameters Barratt sent me.

And bit 6 of 2402 is 0, in case that was your next question.

I can email you both his, and mine.

Don't worry, I'll mark them.

Wow, they're 6kb different in size...

Back