What's new
What's new

Daewoo Puma 2000SY

BoCephus86

Plastic
Hey guys I’m new to this site. Just thought I’d see if you guys could help me with a problem. Working on an old Puma. When I go to command an M110 in the program or in MDI it will sit there indefinitely. It never alarms. When I got into the ladder and execute it the coil is firing and so is the G292.4 address that goes with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So the machine is waiting for the fin signal for the M110 complete, whatever M110 is. The logic is saying it is fired, so why isn't it actually working? Probably a tripped breaker or something simple.

For example, let's say that M110 is send touch setter arm down. The fin signal will be complete when the limit switch is made confirming that the command was completed. So did the arm go down? If it did then you probably have a bad limit switch. If it didn't go down, probaly a bad solenoid valve, fuse etc.

Use the ladder logic to troubleshoot, pretty simple stuff.

I think it's important here to know what M110 does. I believe on a Daewoo it removes the stroke limit barriers. If that's the case, then it seems to me that it would be much more difficult to diagnose as there is nothing mechanical to verify functionality. I think that a deep dive into the ladder would be your only option.

I figured it was a spare M-code. If you are right about opening the stroke limits, I wonder what happens to parameters 1320 and 1321? That would be interesting for sure, and you are right, we need to know what is M110.

M110 is interference check "off" - for when you want to get REALLY close to a sub-spindle, tailstock, or lower turret. M111 turns it back on. Your machine was made prior to the 2011 production change so M110 will NOT work, hence the machine hanging up - it can't do anything as the M code isn't assigned. PM me and I'll get you the proper G/M code list. I used to work for Doosan prior to opening my own shop.

Back