What's new
What's new

Daewoo puma 240ms transfer programming assistance

pharaun159

Plastic
Hey guys, got abit of programming issue. First off let me tell you where im at experience wise. Im a 6 year cnc lathe programmer/machinist. Never learned the old school way on manuals. They stuck me on a machine and i learned the hard way the whole time. Ive ran and programmed Star swiss, mazak dual turns, mazak quick turn 200II, mori seiki sl3, haas sl40, haas ds 30ssy, Track lathes, and now this daewoo puma. I learned on the conversational mazaks first for 3.5 years. dabbled with the swiss at the same time. Later moved to g-code only but it is the weaker of my knowledge, as i only know what ive had to use before. I've never used cam software to make my code. I've only ever either wrote my code on paper, or i use a text editor i bought called "CNC discriminator" that can plot out basic tool pathing. Ok, with that out of the way. Here is what i got.

This shop im at has this daerwoo. Their previous "master programmer" (their words) is the GM now and is my only reference for machine specific stuff. However, from what im seeing, this guy has been copying and pasting from the same program that someone wrote for him for the last 12 years. He has very little understanding. I now have this part to program where i need to pull a part still attached to the bar out.. use the vertical live tools to do some work, then push the bar back, and then part and pick off. I have a couple questions on this.

here is the code im working with. They were clearly picking off slugs with this.

(SUB SPINDLE BAR PULL)
N13(TRANSFER&PART OFF)
G30U0W0
G53B0
G0G40G80G99
M1

M131 (INTERLOCK BYPASS SUB)
M169 (SUB UNCLAMP)
G97S300M3
M213 (SPINDLE SYNC)
G0G54B.1
M86 (TORQUE SKIP)
G31P99G1G98B-.331F50.0(PICK OFF POINT)
M87(TORQUE SKIP CANCEL)
M168(SUB CLAMP)
M31(INTERLOCK BYPASS)
M69(MAIN UNCLAMP)
G0G54B0.0(PICK OFF RETRACT POINT)
M68(MAIN CLAMP)
M111(PARTS CATCHER RETRACT SUB)
M105(SUB SPINDLE STOP)
M5(MAIN STOP) (POSSIBLE ISSUE. SPINDLES CANT STOP AT DIFFERENT TIMES while bar is attached)
M1

First, According to him, the spindles need to be turning to bar pull on this. Thought that was weird and not sure if it is true.

Second if i do have to keep them spinning, can i put both m5 and m105 on the same line to stop them in sync.

Third, this is the first time i've ever seen a "g31p99". Im not sure what that is doing. Im having issues finding anything about it. Its not in my books and reference sheets both personal or with machine papers.

Forth, most of the parts i make have tolerances of +/- 0.0005" or +/- 0.00025". On my length i have an unusual +/- 0.002" I should be able to trust the b axis to hold that correct? Or should i still pick the part off completely and face it on the sub?

I understand that this shows some weak points in my knowledge, but machining education just isnt what it was. What i know i learned through observation and my own foot work. Appreciate any insight you guys can offer.

With respect,
Thank you.

As I recall from having a 240MS, the spindles may or may not need to be turning to do this work. My machine required it but I later learned that there's either a parameter or a keep relay that determines this behavior.

To stop both spindles in synch use M205.

The G31 P99 is telling the machine to look for a torque skip. This means that the subspindle will advance until it feels the part seated into a step in the chuck. It's reading the servo torque on the subspindle servo. The part seats into the chuck then the program advances to the next line of code OR it advances to the B-.331 whichever comes first.

In my experience the machine accuracy for lengths is probably fine, it's the interaction of the chucks/parts that may determine the length tolerance. I run dead length collet chucks and would expect to hold the .002" length with little trouble. Other collet chucks I've had wouldn't do this.

As I recall from having a 240MS, the spindles may or may not need to be turning to do this work. My machine required it but I later learned that there's either a parameter or a keep relay that determines this behavior.

To stop both spindles in synch use M205.

The G31 P99 is telling the machine to look for a torque skip. This means that the subspindle will advance until it feels the part seated into a step in the chuck. It's reading the servo torque on the subspindle servo. The part seats into the chuck then the program advances to the next line of code OR it advances to the B-.331 whichever comes first.

In my experience the machine accuracy for lengths is probably fine, it's the interaction of the chucks/parts that may determine the length tolerance. I run dead length collet chucks and would expect to hold the .002" length with little trouble. Other collet chucks I've had wouldn't do this.

Thanks man. Really appreciate it. I figured out the g31p99 since the post. Didnt know about the m205, so def thanks for that. And now to look up a parameter for spindle sync. You got me started. Again, really appreciate it.

May I ask what you are doing for machine memory or DNC? Got a puma as well and about to dive into it more and running out of memory fast.

Im using a compactFlash pc card adapter and using an sd card. Doing my programming externally in my text editor then moving to machine. In only keep about 5 pgms at a time in it.

Back