What's new
What's new

Daewoo Sub Spindle Clamping Issue

jkblade

Plastic
Machine is an older Daewoo Puma 200 MSA with a Fanuc 18-T control and I'm using a 16 C collet in the sub spindle to pull the bar and help stabilize it while it's being parted off, ran fine but all of a sudden it quit clamping. It looks like the stroke of the sleeve that opens and closes the collet is so short it's barely moving, I've tried changing the pressure, which didn't help, and the hydraulic oil level is good. Any suggestions before I start taking it apart? Thanks!

Happened to me on my Mazak a long time ago. Something is preventing the draw tube from making a full stroke. I think I used that pipe type thingy with the spanner ends to tighten it up. For sure it was something that loosened up and was preventing full movement. My sub has a through hole with chuck.

had an issue similar to your turned out to be the acrylic chips got packed in behind the master collet and wouldnt let the sleeve come forward far enough. It was packed in so much I thought it was part of the chuck.

Pull the collet out and take a look inside the chuck bore. Pretty sure you have a chip wedged in there that is preventing it from moving full stroke.

I pulled the collet and spent a few minutes with an air hose, a lot of crap came out but it's still not working. I can't find a disassembly procedure or a breakdown so I guess I'll just start taking parts off :) Thanks for the help guys!

As others have said, it just probably needs disassembled and a good cleaning.

I have been in a Puma 240 subspindle and it is really just a miniature version of the main spindle. Pretty simple design to take apart. Can you look down the spindle and verify the draw tube is moving with the collet removed? That will tell you if you need to dig deeper.

Back