Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dahlih MCV-1500 Tool Changer stuck in down position

So I've got this operator that crashed the machine, continued to watch it run with the broken tool, and waited for some reason to do a tool change then hit E-Stop in the middle of a tool change, then power off the machine with the tool holder down, ...

I'm not even getting an error in MDI when I try to walk it through a manual cycle, at the M81 it just sits there, spindle is oriented, even tried running the spindle, stopping it, then redoing the M19 it still just squats at the M81.

The list below is supposed to be done in order for TS purposes.

M19, M81, M82, M83, M84, M85

I have Hydraulic power,

An M84 should allow me to retract the arm back up into position. In MDI, the screen just sits there when cycle start is pressed.

If an M6 is performed I get the same thing.

I've got all the manuals and there is nothing except the same procedure having you go through the list of the aforementioned M codes.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've seen this before.
    There is a procedure to back the tool changer out, and I'd call Dah Lih.
    Because he powered down, the machine has lost home position and re-zeroing it is going to be difficult.
    I had a Mori MV-45 with a Fanuc 6 and there was an extensive procedure to back out the changer.

You "might" need an M31 interlock bypass but DON'T just arbitrarily enter M codes you could REALLY have a problem.

3. Likes stevensm581 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are solenoid valves to the left of the tool magazine. If you have the manuals, you should be able to identify what valve will give you the desired motion when manually activating it. There is an hole in the end of the valve, push it in with an Allen wrench. Have someone Estop the machine while holding the valve in. When you clear Estop it should stay put.

5. Likes GENERALDISARRAY liked this post