What's new
What's new

David, DNC Machine

316ss

Plastic
Hi ,
I have a MC-760-VX with Yasnac Mx3 control

I have had some minor issue for 2-1/2 years - now getting error i cant reset and i have to get into the diag. and
parrm. to reset them -

I did somthing ?? when had Rs-232 hooked up, was in the Tape mode and not edit to output nc file.
the Alarm's are, 327 unfinished prog gen, 310 servo off, and now got this one CMOS Vacant Area Error
How do i reset these Alarms, Please

DavidCrow-2021

Fix your thread title

Can't help you with your problem, but I can help with not having your thread locked due to a uninformative thread title.

Go to Edit Post below your post, choose Go Advanced, then go to the title block and change it to something like "Matsuura MC-760VX DNC Alarm issues - help resetting?", then click Save to confirm the changes.

Looks like your memory has gotten corrupted and needs to be generated (Yasnac speak for initialized). The alarm 327 says that the option memory size has been changed and memory not generated after the change. This usually results from dicking around with option parameters, but could be a sign of a memory board problem.

To generate the program memory:

Set rotary switch on the main board to 7.

Turn on main power

Press control power on button once

When the display turns on, press RESET, NEXT, PRG keys in that order.

After a moment or two the display should say GENERATION COMPLETE

Turn off power

Set rotary switch to 0

Turn on machine and check for alarms and reset any parameters that might be messed up.

With this method most of the machine data will be saved, but the program memory will be cleared.

Yes, I'm new to this forum, I need to know what you mean about "thread locked due to a uninformative thread title" ?
Also I do not see edit post any where on page.
Can you explain Please

Hi Thank you

I will use these steps if and when I get the other Alarm's gone still working on them, do you know how I can clear Alarm?

Yes, I'm new to this forum, I need to know what you mean about "thread locked due to a uninformative thread title" ?
Also I do not see edit post any where on page.
Can you explain Please

The forum owner wants accurate, descriptive thread titles so that searching for information by future users is easier. Some quirk of the forum software allows title editing only for a brief time (around an hour? Nobody's timed it, to my knowledge) even though the body of the text can be edited for longer (maybe 2-3hrs? Again, it's not clear).

Don't worry about it for now, but next time try to come up with a clearer, more complete title. If you read through other threads and see how they're named you'll get a better idea of how to do it.

Hey, Question's, I still need help with the !st set of problem's i had... I also need the learn the fourm operation software " I mean I want to start a new post - I don't know how! - I cant figure it out. - where is the Help Page? - I apologize for the inconvenience .
it seemed like you know all about this operate system.

Thank You,

Hi,
No there are 2 other alarm's to be cleared 1St, then I can use those steps clear the program generation issue.
Just look at the FAQ - and look's like the reason I can't find where to start a new thread at is because I need Permission " too.
can you tell if I have the permission to start a new Thread ?

Thank's For the FAQ link

I'm sorta confused, as you seem to have started this thread, but if you go to https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/ then click on the suitable forum name (i.e. don't click Antiques for a CNC question), then click the Post New Thread button, you should be OK.

You can click on Vancbiker's name above and send him a private message with further questions. I don't think he'll mind, and if he does the wounds should heal within a month or so... :D

What alarms do you think need to be cleared first?? The only alarms I see in your post are related to a corrupt memory which unless you have a hardware issue, generation should clear.

Hi , Good morning

Yes I understand, I'm still trying to fix the 310 servo off Alarm. I don't know what to look for or Check Can you help ?

Thank You,

yes, its suppose too. but does not reset, all the new alarms are post the 327 alarm go figure ??

I have look for - and tried everything that I was instructed to Check - still could to reset controls or servo.
I'm trying to keep from going into debt on machine, Machine was working fine until something I did during a program transfer, I
don't have the $$ to bring in a tech.
I will keep trying to repair - is there any thing else the I could do to reset cnc control and or servo alarm's -
I am lost on this The process did not work that you gave me to clear prog. generation alarm - i thought may have to clear servo alarm (310)

Vancbiker, is there any chance the old "pull the cards and solenoids, clean the contacts, reseat" is worth a shot, or do the risks outweigh the potential benefits?

316, if Vanc says yes, do some web searching on electrical safety and proper shutdown of the machine, and properly grounding yourself with a static strap but being sure to not put yourself at risk of touching any live conductors. Given that you're in FL, at least you've got less (but not zero) risk of static buildup due to cold, dry air.

And before you shut down the machine, if it uses battery-powered memory for any instruction/parameter storage you want to ensure they're in good shape.

Vancbiker, is there any chance the old "pull the cards and solenoids, clean the contacts, reseat" is worth a shot, or do the risks outweigh the potential benefits?.......

That's a tough one to answer without knowing the physical condition of the electricals. In general, I have not found that to be helpful with issues in the majority of Japanese controls when they are pretty clean. If the boards have a layer of gunk on them, then it can sometimes help.

@316ss;
The first process I gave only initializes the program memory. It is a first attempt since it retains the parameters and basic CNC data. There is a related procedure that initialize the entire control memory. That procedure wipes out all the parameters and CNC data. You will need to be certain you have an accurate record of all that data before doing the higher level initialization. You will also have to reload that data after the procedure. I will not be at my shop until sometime tomorrow to get the details on the procedure so I can post them.

Back