What's new
What's new

Deckel FP 5NC

mouldmaker-13

Plastic
Hi, I recently aquired a Deckel FP 5NC mill, complete with cabinet. I heard that this machine had been in working order before being shipped from Germany to the UK.
I cleaned up and tried to power up, but cannot get the machine to power up to initialise drives.
Screen shows the following:
BA 00 then in highlighted green box there is
'30 : BA1.6

Any ideas or help getting past this error would be much appreciated.

It needs reinitialized. I'm not the expert, but I've dealt with this plus I can repeat what others have said. The error you posted is from a Dialog control. There are 3 batteries in them that go dead. a 3.6V battery on the memory board in the console, a 7.2V battery in the bottom of the console, and a 3.6V battery on one of the boards in the cage in the electrical cabinet. Eventually you'll need to replace them, the convenient and inexpensive way is to solder leads onto the boards in the place of the battery and connect 3.6V nicad batteries intended for cordless phones and emergency lights and such to the leads outside of the cages. My control has 6 1.2V AA cell nicads in a holder in the bottom of the console to replace the original battery.
I'm told that if the batteries are not completely junk that leaving the control powered up for a while will charge them up enough to start the control.
Once the batteries are charged or replaced, turn the mode switch to 16. The monitor should show this -
20200430_100837.jpg
Press the lower left key on the keypad (delete). It should say initializing. When that is done, press the lower right key,(transfer) it will then allow you to select I for inch or M for metric mode. Then press the Acknowlege key next to the Delete key. It should then allow you to switch to another mode and/or start the control by pressing the green button by the E stop button.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something.

What Mud says sounds right to me. There's a lot of little gotchas with these. For example they won't boot without the pendant attached. That one had me confused for awhile.

There's a Deckel forum on this site. I would try and get this post moved there. It'll get a lot more attention. Also spend some time searching and reading in there, there is a wealth of knowledge.

Teryk

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo (XT1952DL) using Tapatalk

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. I have already replaced the batteries, but still get this same error. I am new to this Analog control, so it could be that I am just not using the correct sequence. I did speak to the guys at Deckel and they sent me some info on powering up, but not totally clear.
Currently the cabinet is disconnected, but we did follow the instructions for the dummy plug configurations.
When we put power to the machine, all yhe cooling fans come on, so seems like thats sll working ok.

Help! I have tried what Mud suggested.
Put power to machine and with setting on 16.
Then pressed the lower left key pad (delete)
The screen then changed to blue and said
No Signal. Is there a way to get past this or check what could be wrong?

Any comments appreciated.
Thanks.

Back