What's new
What's new

Degeneration transistor type for Mazak Integrex 50 spindle drive power unit

EngineerFarmer

Plastic
Hello,

replacing a regeneration transistor from Mazak Integrex 50 spindle drive power unit (MDS-A-CV-300). The label on the transistor unit is missing. Anyone know the exact part type number?

degentrans.jpg

Would really much appreciate this information.:Ithankyou:

Last edited:
Yes that, or what I meant to write was regeneration.

Thanks for that 'cuz I was thinking … I've never heard of a "Degeneration Transistor"... BUT there is specific "Degeneration* technique " on a common Emitter junction of transistors that actually has a useful purpose.

So was a bit confoooosed there.

It's basically a power transistor that you are looking for ?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

* https://www.edn.com/design/analog/4...-transistors-with-emitter-source-degeneration

ovkiZ.jpg

So I thought maybe EngineerFarmer knows it is emitter degeneration semiconductor for current output ? / knows his onions batter than I do... [Sometimes that arrangement is used in a negative feedback loop 'regenerative vs. de-generative" ?

Dumb question what would be the "Normal" hoops one would have to jump through with Mazak to obtain such a part number (especially on this vintage of machine) ?

......Dumb question what would be the "Normal" hoops one would have to jump through with Mazak to obtain such a part number (especially on this vintage of machine) ?

Since that is a Mitsubishi drive, the first step would be to not call Mazak and go through Mitsubishi.

@OP, I have a bit of documentation on the MDS-A spindle drives at my shop. I do not recall it getting detailed enough to list the specific part numbers for transistor modules, but I'll have a look later today.

Thank you all for your quick replies! And very sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I'm looking for a power transistor. The other three in the power unit have part number PM200DKA060 modules.jpg. They have P and N outputs, 5 pins both. The regeneration transistor has N output, 5 pins.

It could be IGBT...
There are so many possibilities MITSUBISHI power modules - full lineup & datasheet.

Back