What's new
What's new

Desktop Simulation software that emulates HAAS simulators?

Spud

Diamond
Studying CNC programming at college. I need to run my code through the HAAS simulators to find & fix errors. Since school is closed , I am looking for a desktop simulator.

If you want to spend the money, Haas has a desktop simulator that looks and acts exactly like a control. List price is around $2000 IIRC. I have tried some freeby simulators and am now convinced that there is a reason they are free........:(

Why do you need it to be emulate the Haas simulator? Back plotting is back plotting. 2D simulation. The old Haas controls didn't even distinguish between different tools. Just green lines all over the screen. Don't know about the new ones. Doesn't your CAM have a back plot?

R

Why do you need it to be emulate the Haas simulator? Back plotting is back plotting. 2D simulation. The old Haas controls didn't even distinguish between different tools. Just green lines all over the screen. Don't know about the new ones. Doesn't your CAM have a back plot?

R

We run Haas 3 axis machines and only use Haas simulators, so that is what I am familir with and expected to understand by the course. I would like a desktop simulation program to look just like the Haas simulators so that I become proficient at using the Haas control.

We run Haas 3 axis machines and only use Haas simulators, so that is what I am familir with and expected to understand by the course. I would like a desktop simulation program to look just like the Haas simulators so that I become proficient at using the Haas control.

I understand. But the simulation is not very different than any other 2D simulator. The control is what you need to get friendly with. Pushing the button that says Settings/Graphics 2x is not like black magic or something. IMO it's profoundly more important to interpret what line of code is generating a specific movement or action. So again IMO any 2D simulator will do what you need. I guess there is learning the Zoom function and Rotate, but other than that.....it's 6's and 9's.

R

Back