What's new
What's new

DMG MORI Celos settings

vitula

Plastic
Hello
Customer of mine has got 2 brand new DMG MORI machines with Celos system 2019, one on Fanuc, the other on Mitsubishi.
I would like to communicate with NCU or PLC and read runtime infos, like spindle speed or feed override.
I am not able to terminate Celos system without switching the whole machine off and get to Windows to run any underlaying original software from Fanuc or Mitsubishi.
I have already connected several older Fanuc machines, so I know that I need at least IP address of embedded ethernet port and TCP port - both are normally accessible in original Fanuc software.
I have no experience with Mitsubishi so far, but MELSEC is pretty good documented. Problem is the same - IP address, protocol and port.
Thank you in advance
Any help would be appreciated

What about getting the Celos control into a higher Key level such as maintenance mode? I know doing that you can access alot of machine settings and parameters not available while in your normal key mode or as the dmg guys call it “customer mode”.

First thought; is there any reason you can't just leverage the MT Connect protocol? This sounds like exactly the data MT Connect is designed to share.

Second thought; there is an app building tool for the CELOS interface. If you can get your hands on the development kit from DMG MORI, it will have the data you need.

Finally, I don't know the Mits and Fanuc CELOS as intimately, but I have dug fairly deep into the "backend" of the Siemens/CELOS integration. Huge chunks of the Siemens backend had been radically altered for the CELOS to communicate with it, and even deep inside DMG MORI, that system was poorly understood and supported.

Also, I believe ctrl + shift + ins to access windows on the mits machine while it's running, and help + alter + delete for the Fanuc.

Proceed with due caution. I think it is okay to share since you obviously can just boot straight to windows if you are so inclined.

Hello
I would like to thank You all for the clever and wise ideas.
During the next week at the customer's I will give them all a try.
Afterwards I will inform You about the details to pay your helpfulness back at least a little bit.

Back