What's new
What's new

DMG MORI EcoMill 1100V opinions..........

david n

Diamond
I'm kickin' the tires of a used 1100v in my area...............what's the good, the bad, the ugly of one of these hunks of iron? Pretty standard machine, MAPPS on Fanuc, probing, 12K rippems, conveyor, TSC...............clean low hour unit....................TIA

I'm kickin' the tires of a used 1100v in my area...............what's the good, the bad, the ugly of one of these hunks of iron? Pretty standard machine, MAPPS on Fanuc, probing, 12K rippems, conveyor, TSC...............clean low hour unit....................TIA

Much like buying horses...

First question would be "Reason for sale" ?

Why did the original owners see fit to get shot of the machine ?

Much like buying horses...

First question would be "Reason for sale" ?

Why did the original owners see fit to get shot of the machine ?

Why does anyone sell anything?......................just want input on the iron..................................

Why does anyone sell anything?......................just want input on the iron..................................

Because it's a useless POS that has given them nothing but trouble and they want to get rid of it ASAP (having regretted spending any money on it and are cutting their losses having learnt their lesson and wish to invest in a better machine )? 'cuz that never happens...

There are some real lemons from the eco line but the pre-cursor CMX seems to be better.

Older ecoline complaints about lack of rigidity in the spindle/ head construction / linkages assembly.

Again with the horses "Easily bought---> Hard to keep".

It's not so much the "Iron" its cheap bearings sourced from china etc. on the original ecolines… (bad design on older ecolines) However DMG Mori have radically changed their strategy on that to source much better components on the CMX and radically improved the design also [I believe the machine you are looking at may be at that transition] .

________________________________________________________________________________________

Generally to check out the efficacy of any product check out the second hand market... REALLY good products tend to not appear in such great number nearly new... I.e. "Peeps" hang onto them for as long as they can.

This is not a Ecomill DMC 1035 V......I know those are real piles of crap............This is a 1100V which is basically a CMX unit...................................

This is not a Ecomill DMC 1035 V......I know those are real piles of crap............This is a 1100V which is basically a CMX unit...................................

:cool:

Are you able to see the machine under power ?

FWIW folks in our area that have bought CMX machines really like them and are getting on well with them.

On PM forum there are one or two "Peeps" that have bought the machine you are looking at and seem also find them to be pretty OK, given that it's not a very powerful machine (torque wise).

I just don't know anything about that transitional period... Where all the components etc. come from etc. and specific history ?

Back