What's new
What's new

Dmg mori hsc

SpeedsandFeeds

Aluminum
Does anyone have any experience with this new macine from DMG??? I will soon be experimenting with this and I want to know how user friendly the Celos siemens control is compared to the traditional FANUC controls. (Editing programs, altering programs, storage..etc)

As for the Celos... its really nice once you get used to it and find where everything is hidden lol... its nice since you can customize each screen to have up what you want at the same time... but like i said just like anything new it takes time to relearn it. I normally love touchscreens on any new technology but dont think im a huge fan of it in the machining world. To each their own i guess..lol

I'm excited to start learning it. We should be getting it sometime next week. Should probably take a few days for the DMG crew to hook it up and get it going. We are getting the Celos with the Siemens control. Its gonna be a challenge but I'm super excited to be running a 5 axis machine!!! When are you getting yours Jorgens??

I operate before DGM (DMU 60 evo)5 axis and DMC 3 axis milling with heidenhein controls for 1 year in Malaysia, and I can say that controls is like your in a computer folder. very easy to learn. :D

We run all Mori and DMG Mori machines here, gotta say the Celos is my least favorite. Some of it has to do with the touch screens of it has to do with navigation. Seems everything was not meant to be as simple as possible and I do believe in the KISS philosophy. Never thought I would say I prefer a Fansuc control over anything but that is the way the cookie crumbled. It is very powerful just a pain in the ass to get used to.

R

Slightly OT but any noticeable change in service since DMG/Mori ended their relationship with Ellison?

Not here in Utah, but we do ALOT of our own repair and maintenance. When we do need to call someone I haven't noticed any difference. We use the same company for maintenance as we made the purchases from though, so that's 13 Mori/DMG Mori machines on the floor plus one 144" x 80" bridge mill, So they may be trying to keep us happy.

R

We run all Mori and DMG Mori machines here, gotta say the Celos is my least favorite. Some of it has to do with the touch screens of it has to do with navigation. Seems everything was not meant to be as simple as possible and I do believe in the KISS philosophy. Never thought I would say I prefer a Fansuc control over anything but that is the way the cookie crumbled. It is very powerful just a pain in the ass to get used to.

R

Not a fan of the celos either. Personally I think its a cumbersome hunk of shit. Biggest dislike...is the delay when using the keyboard. I can't type for shit, but I can out pace the celos control by a mile. You have to touch each character, wait a second, touch the next character, wait, ect, ect.

Not a fan of the celos either. Personally I think its a cumbersome hunk of shit. Biggest dislike...is the delay when using the keyboard. I can't type for shit, but I can out pace the celos control by a mile. You have to touch each character, wait a second, touch the next character, wait, ect, ect.

This ^ plus the touch screen just isn't a very good one, often I end up "touching" then jabbing at keys because they just won't respond.

R

It is possible to plug in a regular USB keyboard to the control. Still the issue of where to put it... but it works if you need to do a lot of editing.

Finally Got it!!!!! We got the machine a few days ago. Looks pretty sweet, its extremely big considering the work envelop of the machine, but I guess that's what you get when u have linear drives and a spindle you have to keep cool when reaching 40,000 RPMS. Still not ready to run though...........and the programming is gonna be a hurdle as well, considering we only have 3 and 4 axis experienced programmers.......keep y'all posted !

So I've been doing some training with the DMG Mori crew and so far it has been going well. The Siemens control is much different then what I am used to, but I think it will be a great control once I get used to operating it on a day to day basis. :) More to come.......

Hi,

At the DMG open house in pfronten, this year, DMG had CELOS on both Fanuc (the DMG version of FANUC) and Siemens. They said that on Heidenhain, the CELOS is not yet integrated due to some issues with Heidenhain opening up their interface to DMG. This year they have got that approval but its too late to incorporate it on 2017 machines. So they've decided to give CELOS, at least in Italy, on a separate tablet if one purchases Heidenhain. So 2017 machines come with integrated CELOS with Siemens/Fanuc and with a side-kick CELOS on the tablet with Heidenhain.

Now, the question is, if one does full 5 axis machining, for a new machine, what would be advantage / disadvantage of Heidenhain TNC640 vs Siemens 840D? What makes you choose one over the other? Does CELOS help one to integrate the robots easily like giving some programming interfaces?

Hi,

what would be advantage / disadvantage of Heidenhain TNC640 vs Siemens 840D?

Used to be that Heidenhain was substantially faster for complex 5 axis machining. Now it pretty much comes down to user preference. Most people who have Heidenhain's seem to prefer them, but I like the 840D better.

Back