What's new
What's new

DMG Mori NTX-1000 2nd (2020) coolant issue

Kase

Plastic
We have bought brand new DMG Mori NTX-1000 (double spindel + upper milling spindel + lower turret) and had extra high-pressure coolant pump installed (instead of standard one). Does anyone know if its normal that the coolant cannot be adjusted separately for lower turret and for milling spindel outer cooling flow? They switch ON and OFF together.
We dont know if its supposed to be like that or it will be an issue. It doesn't look right anyway.
I apppreciate for any information or advise on that.

I have a machine from the same series - NTX2500 2nd gen, ours has no lower turret but we do have the high pressure pump. The same user manuals cover all machines from this series.

From the manual, the lower turret only uses the flood coolant pump and is turned on and off with M8/M9 which is indeed the same as the external coolant ring on the upper tool spindle.

So, just from the manual, it does appear that your machine is working normally, although it is strange that it's configured like that.

Do you know if you bought a dual outlet unit? We have a couple multi channel lathes here with chip blasters installed. One has a single outlet unit and will turn on high pressure for both turrets when the command is called, the other chipblaster has a separate outlet for each turret and can be commanded individually.

Hi Kase.
Do you have a knoll unit with 1 high pressure pomp?
On the NTX2000 it's a knoll unit with 2 high pressure pumps.
One for toolspindle and the other for the lower turret. This is a option and it isn't standard.
Grrs Tom

No, we have INTERLIT high pressure pump (70 bars) and this one feeds only upper spindel cooling (through spindel). To the lower turret we use another separate pump.

Thank you all for your comments! We found out now that these coolant flows must work separately and they can be installed using different channels under M8 code. I hope this info is helpful for someone else now.

Back