What's new
What's new

DMG Mori random X-axis jump

arick16

Plastic
Looking for help! We have a DMG mori NLX 2000/500 lathe that has been having random X-axis jumps on all features. We will be running parts great all day then randomly O.D & I.D will be +/-0.001 all the way up to +/-0.020 big or small. We change the offset and it goes back to making good parts then randomly will do it again. We think it might have to do with the thermal compensation since this started happening a year ago after they did a software update to the machine. We contacted DMG multiply times and they have no idea. If anyone else has had this issue i would really appreciate the help.

No help, but if it were me, i would remove the software update and see if that solves the problem. Doesn't say much for DMG support (unless this is an ancient machine)? I haven't heard too many good stories on service since they went direct and quit using their distributors service network. Hard to replace that knowledge base.

to install or uninstall software we have to go through DMG. We were working with a great service company and now we can't go through them.

Back