What's new
What's new

DMG/Powermill post processing/verification

tts197

Plastic
I reached out to Camplete, but I dont think they officially support DMG. Albeit they have a few showcase pieces that are listed as being done on DMG machines.

Anyone using Vericut? Someone in particular I should contact over there?

Thanks
Mike

What machine and controller? I can't speak much to PowerMILL, but I know DMG MORI very well. DMU50 and DMU65 with Siemens are basically commodity machines, and shouldn't need post processor verification.

I've used Vericut on and off. I'm not a huge fan, but can certainly see the benefit if for some reason you can't trust your post.

What machine and controller? I can't speak much to PowerMILL, but I know DMG MORI very well. DMU50 and DMU65 with Siemens are basically commodity machines, and shouldn't need post processor verification.

I've used Vericut on and off. I'm not a huge fan, but can certainly see the benefit if for some reason you can't trust your post.

The primary concern is the Duo Block w/ the 840. Because of the limitations regarding the head going -30 to 180 you need to ensure you have the correct solution for the machine to run w/o an error. Powermill inst simulating actual g code so you may simulate with the correct (achievable solution) just to post and find out otherwise. You can overcome this by drawing orientation vectors, but the way the post handles similar operations that have different tilt solutions, or a tilt working from g54 vs a tilt working for a new transform work-plane can even appear to provide an achievable solution when in fact they wont work.

Be sure to have the "use orientation vectors when calculating" check box marked, don't just have the orientation vectors turned on with the proposed orientation dropdown box. The table simulation should flip the way the simulation does, if not, there is something wrong with your post.

Back