What's new
What's new

Do YASNAC LX1 lathe controls have a graphics mode?

titaniumfire

Plastic
We recently acquired a 40 year old Mori Seiki lx-1a lathe. Not my first choice but this is a startup and pickings were slim. I've managed to get serial transfers and most of everything I need working but one thing. Since there seem to be no CADCAM suites with a YASNAC turning post processor I've been writing everything by hand. It's tolerable. Problem is, hand coding is error prone and if I could just watch some sort of graphics preview mode before running a program it would be a life saver. Does anyone know if it's even included with the control and if so, how?
Thanks

Never saw an LX1 with graphics. I know the MX1 (mill version of the same era) did not have any graphic ability so am pretty sure the LX1 would not have it either.

We recently acquired a 40 year old Mori Seiki lx-1a lathe. Not my first choice but this is a startup and pickings were slim. I've managed to get serial transfers and most of everything I need working but one thing. Since there seem to be no CADCAM suites with a YASNAC turning post processor I've been writing everything by hand. It's tolerable. Problem is, hand coding is error prone and if I could just watch some sort of graphics preview mode before running a program it would be a life saver. Does anyone know if it's even included with the control and if so, how?
Thanks

No, LX1 doesnt. However if you need a post, use PowerStation CAD/CAM and write your own posts! Yasnac isn't a bad control and the SL-1 is a great machine.

Back