What's new
What's new

Does anyone know of a terminal emulator program that works well on a FADAL?

ZfMax

Plastic
I'd like to be able to interact with a FADAL from a PC, as if I was using the keyboard and display on the control.

Considering that the machine takes input from either the keyboard or RS232 port, and sends all output to both it's display and the RS232 port, this seems like it should be doable with a standard terminal emulator program like HyperTerminal, TeraTerm, etc. But there are tons of terminal emulator programs out there, and I don't know which would work best with a FADAL. It would be nice, too, if things like the "Manual" and "Slide Hold" and "Auto" and "Start" buttons were supported. I believe there are control characters that can be sent via RS232 to perform those functions.

Note that I'm not talking about a simulator, that pretends to be the machine. I'm talking about a program that gives remote access to the machine via the RS232 port. The way computers used to all have terminals, before the integration brought on by the PC.

Anyone know of a program like this?

I could write one myself, but it seems like a lot of trouble. It'd sure be better if there's something out there already that works.

Back