What's new
What's new

does this old Mazak have any value?

Mcgyver

Diamond
I've got this Mazak VTC-16. Never used it, got it with some other items. powers up but the screen doesn't come on. Someone suggested a video card, but I really have no idea.

We need the space and don't need the machine. I guess my question is I don't know the market and haven't a clue what these are worth in this condition or is that silly question and we should just scrap it?

Any strong opinions - what would you do if you had one sitting there and needed it gone?

thanks

Yjzu3Kp.jpg

I’ve seen them go for around 3k but In supposed running condition. But yours is def broken.

Throw it up on Craigslist and sell it cheap. That probably the least hassle way to get rid of it

It's worth a few dollars to someone.
As said previously, toss it on Craigs for a few bucks "as is" - someone will grab it. It's still supported.

I would spend a few hours trying to get the screen to come up, get axis to move. But if sitting idle for a long time the memory may be lost.

thanks for the input guys. The problem with trying to do anything with it ourselves is that I i'm diverting attention away from something else, maybe billable, and even if we're successful the upside is small. I'll run it on kijiji for a few weeks and see if there is any interest

Back