What's new
What's new

Door alarm driving me nuts

zschary

Aluminum
This new machine (to me) has a door alarm the previous operator had to push everytime the machine gives the program end code..
its a fanuc 18i-tb .. was made in 2005.. here is a pic of it too.. does anyone have any experience on how one might disable this device? Wonder if there is a parameter to do it or other, or a way to hardwire something.. thanks in advance..
Zach

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 232
Was thinking that, but i think it needs to see that the door then opens too, not sure, someone said that about it.. Did that work for you?

That is the easy way. Done that on several Fanucs of that approx vintage. Even some new Makino with pro series control.

Otherwise you can do it in the ladder.

the end of he switch there is missing the top piece I think that allows that part to go in.. How could I find it in the ladder?

i had a small mazak horizontal,same thing problem, door open and close after every m30, never did find a way around that.
also have lb3000 a guy here pulled that 2nd pc out and stuck it in the switch, every morning he has to climb up and take it in and out,he tried putting it back and no luck, it knows he did that, so every morning he has to climb up and pull it in and out.

There is an answer. If you try hard enough you'll figure it out. It is a violation though, so some aren't willing to publicise it.

Or you'll get used to it.

R

No violation if you are the owner/opperator and no employees and are not a C Corp.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The implementation of a door interlock is entirely left to the builder. Fanuc has nothing to do with it outside of providing the PMC that the interlock logic (written by the machine builder) runs in. A relatively sharp tech can usually review the ladder and "discover" the maintenance settings within the ladder logic that disable the door interlock system.

If you are using an employers machine and do this, you may be exposing yourself to disciplinary action.

No violation if you are the owner/opperator and no employees and are not a C Corp.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

This is true and if you're like me then you've already done it. But it will void the Warranty right? And as a former equipment owner with former employees, I would not be greatly pleased if one of them did it without my permission, thus voiding any maintenance I need.

R

Perhaps try M2 instead of M30 at the end of the program?

Could also put your main program into a sub program call with enough repeats to have the machine make parts all day. Interrupt the execution with appropriate M00's

Easy way to check is if you can restart the program without opening the door. If it works no biggie unhook the door key and leave it in. If it doesn’t then look at the software side.

We have it disabled on all of our machines one way or another.

Back