What's new
What's new

Doosan 5700 still down after short

qrovin

Aluminum
Few weeks back i posted the issue regarding our doosan 5700 whose 4th axis microswitches shorted out because of coolant flooding inside the microswitch chamber.

So i got the electric diagram and multimeter and tested the power supplies , relays etc...

I even disconnected the entire 4thaxis hydraulics electrical and all from the machine .

Still im getting operator alarms, some are for things that the machine dont even have.

Magazine door alrm(never had one)
Spindle lube alarm
Spindle air pressure alarm

The machine uses an oil cooler . It has power and shows no alarms but it doesnt do anything.

The fanuc io units also dont show any alrms.

Any other suggestions or a way to reset these alarms?

I "HAD" a DNM5700 and had Zero luck getting Ellison to fix the machine even when it was new ,, If they couldn't fix a coolant pump in 7 months I would waste time trying to get help from them ,,, I found Doosan USA to be no help also. Well I liked the machine when it ran I would say try a outside repair man for it ,, In my case it was under warranty so I was screwed.

I "HAD" a DNM5700 and had Zero luck getting Ellison to fix the machine even when it was new..

Had a similar problem on a Star SR32-J. We needed an X-axis encoder cable. Contacted Ellison. After seven days the rep finally contacted me and told me he'd forward our request on to the main office.

As I might have mentioned in your other thread, you are in over your head. Shop around for someone to repair it. Asking how to "clear the alarms" is like saying a fuse blew, and every time you install a new one, it blows too......duh......

You obviously have several issues here that will require someone with skills. Get someone in there.

As I might have mentioned in your other thread, you are in over your head. Shop around for someone to repair it. Asking how to "clear the alarms" is like saying a fuse blew, and every time you install a new one, it blows too......duh......

You obviously have several issues here that will require someone with skills. Get someone in there.

I actually learned alot and i know what your saying . We had a repair guy come in already and hes stuck as well.

So im in los angeles area and if anybody can suggest someone i can call in this area i would be very grateful

I actually learned alot and i know what your saying . We had a repair guy come in already and hes stuck as well.

So im in los angeles area and if anybody can suggest someone i can call in this area i would be very grateful

Why don't you get an Ellison tech in there? They should be able to knock it out in under a day unless there is a part that needs to be ordered.

Why don't you get an Ellison tech in there? They should be able to knock it out in under a day unless there is a part that needs to be ordered.

Were waiting for a call back actually .
Also i did not change any fuses or relays because they were all fine .

My doosan dnm5700 would not change tools some of the time and Alarmed out do the the little VFD on the tool changer. Even did it to the guy doing the install on the new machine ,, then the coolant pump quit working and finally the collet fingers started closing when it was doing tool changes ... "NON" we ever fixed under warranty.

Ellison was a great dealer back in the 90`s when I started dealing with them but there service has gone WAY down ... I have no plans to ever buy anymore Doosans tell they get a new dealer to cover them ...

If I was you i would bring in someone that knows Fanuc and not even screw with Ellison.

.....Ellison was a great dealer back in the 90`s when I started dealing with them but there service has gone WAY down ...

When I left Ellison at the end of 1992, they offered 40% lower pay to the guy they were interviewing for my replacement. You'll get what you pay for and it seems they were only looking for 60% of a service engineer.

In 1996 I watched one of their "techs" swap 3 spindles in a brand new Mori SV50 within 2 months. After installing the 3rd spindle I pointed out to him that the spindle chiller was not working....

In 1996 I watched one of their "techs" swap 3 spindles in a brand new Mori SV50 within 2 months. After installing the 3rd spindle I pointed out to him that the spindle chiller was not working....

I am sure everyone has their own story, so I will exclude mine but good god some people should not own tools! Operators are the worst IMO. I know everyone here talks up "good machinists" but they literally know nothing about the machines they run. That should have been caught way earlier.

OK, I gotta..... We bought another HMC just recently and while I was inspecting it, I noted the tool was very warm. Operator/"machinist" said the chiller threw an alarm a few hours prior but he was able to bypass the alarm and just kept running.... WTF?? I did not leave until they shut that machine down. What is wrong with people?

.....I know everyone here talks up "good machinists" but they literally know nothing about the machines they run. That should have been caught way earlier.

OK, I gotta..... We bought another HMC just recently and while I was inspecting it, I noted the tool was very warm. Operator/"machinist" said the chiller threw an alarm a few hours prior but he was able to bypass the alarm and just kept running.... WTF?? I did not leave until they shut that machine down. What is wrong with people?

Some folks pay attention to all kinds of things and others it just passes them by. In the case of the SV50, the chiller was running, no alarm, and... no freon. In shipping a crack in one of the copper lines occurred and it all leaked out. Tech doing the install didn't catch it and machine was released to production. Operators are running production and as long as parts are to spec, they load and go for the green button. Only when the spindle starts to howl does a guy wonder about it or the floor lead guy hears it and all they know is it's a new machine and under warranty so call the dealer.

Well there are button pushers ...
And there are machinists

Some people dont give a shit as long as they get a check
But some people actually have a sense of concern

Ive been in this field for only ten years and i hesitate to claim the titlle of “machinist” because compared to most of the people around here i know diddly .

Back