What's new
What's new

Doosan DEM 4000 and Leo 1600

jarrett_manu

Plastic
Hi All,

I run a mechanical engineering and design business in Melbourne, Australia and I'm looking to start offering a machining service for my clients. This is my first step towards the goal of being a full service design to manufacturing operation.

Does anyone here have experience with the Doosan DEM 4000 mill and the Leo 1600 lathe? It appears that Doosan are positioning these models as introduction/start-up machines and they fit both my requirements and budget. I've heard good things about Doosan's place within their price range (i.e. versus Haas, etc.) but I can't find much info on these specific models.

If anyone has experience with these machines I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks,

Toby

I don't have experience with those models but my work took delivery of a puma 3100xly about a month ago, and we are very happy with it. The build quality is very good and the apps guy that did our training really knew his stuff.

Hi All,

I run a mechanical engineering and design business in Melbourne, Australia and I'm looking to start offering a machining service for my clients. This is my first step towards the goal of being a full service design to manufacturing operation.

Does anyone here have experience with the Doosan DEM 4000 mill and the Leo 1600 lathe? It appears that Doosan are positioning these models as introduction/start-up machines and they fit both my requirements and budget. I've heard good things about Doosan's place within their price range (i.e. versus Haas, etc.) but I can't find much info on these specific models.

If anyone has experience with these machines I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks,

Toby

Did you end up getting either machine? What are your thoughts on them? I'm in Perth, and looking at a DEM 4000 to start my own side business at home.

Back