What's new
What's new

Doosan HP 4000 M19 Issue

ashastry

Plastic
Okay, so we're three weeks into this machine being down. It is a Doosan HP4000 Horizontal with a 31i control.

Long story short, it has had spindle rotor, spindle amplifier, and speed sensor installed. spindle runs quietly, it is tracking spindle speed when commanded, however when M19 is called it kicks "SP9082 (S) No 1 Rot Motor sensor". It's obviously working if it is showing speed. Cable form the sensor to amplifier is fine, we've even swapped back between old and new, same alarm. We did have to reload a backup of the control early on, is there possibly some parameter we're missing here.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I seen that. I double checked the work, the sensor is aligned properly (same as previous).

And working through the parameter book right now. Just hoping for some ray of light to point me in the right direction.

I'll check that out. The backup we reloaded was a copy from the machine after install, Ellison themselves provided.

I work for Doosan. I am not a service tech, I am in applications so these kinds of things are somewhat outside my job scope. But, I asked, and was told that in addition to the alignment, there is a gap that needs to be maintained. Kind of like a prox switch. If you need to, you can always call our service department at 973-618-2500. Ask for Darryl Hardt.

Paul

Edit: The gap should be .10 MM to .15 MM

Thanks Man, I really appreciate it. The gap was set correctly, it's reading RPM perfectly fine.

Fanuc is actually coming out tomorrow to look at it. I'm pretty sure Ellison has contacted you guys already.

Again, thanks for all the help

Sounds like the same crap I went thru with Ellison ,,, I spent 7 months trying to get them to fix a Coolant pump and Even Doosan USA jerked me around and never got it fixed ... The only way I found to get a Doosan fixed was make them come and take the machine back ...

My feeling was if the service was that bad well it was still under warranty and on there dime to fix it, I did not want to find out how it was going to be when they were getting payed by me.

Doosan seems to build ok machines but there support is crap...

Thanks Man, I really appreciate it. The gap was set correctly, it's reading RPM perfectly fine.
This is the kind of PLG sensor, proximity switch looking thing that is aimed at what looks like a module 1 -1.5 gear? If you were to inspect that gear, 1 tooth in 360 degrees is cut longer. That's your orient tooth. Which it takes reference from and applies the spindle version of grid shift. I'm guessing that's parameter 4077

Its not only the air gap 0.1 -0.15mm radial clearance. It also needs axial positioning. You mention a spindle rotor replacement. Surely they removed the encoder gear to do this? You have Fanuc coming tomorrow. When I've involved them, they have a signal tester, like a specific Oscilloscope.

Don't be confused with its ability to count revs, and the sensor setting. Orient is a higher level protocol.

Regards Phil.

I spent 7 months trying to get them to fix a Coolant pump and Even Doosan USA jerked me around and never got it fixed
Bro.

Is this the time and the place for your grievance? New brother with only 5 posts is reaching out, with a down machine and a serious problem regarding orient, which surely limits auto tool change.

You had a coolant pump issue. See the difference?

Start a new thread if you are that aggrieved. RIP Paul a new one if that makes you feel better.

Fact remains, your polluting a brother that needs help ASAP

Regards Phil.

I can't speak for Ellison, especially the office on the West Coast as I have only met a couple of their apps techs. If you are not getting the kind of support that you need, we also have the main office in New Jersey. We are here to help too. 973-618-2500. Please don't simply trash us all, including Ellison. In our office we do our best or I wouldn't be here trying to help. As far as I'm concerned, nobody gets blown off and/or ignored. As in "not my problem". The 5 other guys I work with are the same way. When someone says they spoke with "corporate", that doesn't say much. Chances are you did not speak with anyone in my office because we wouldn't leave you hanging.

Ashastry, you should not have to get Fanuc involved. Ellison should be on your doorstep and get this done. Our office has service techs that are certified on our spindles and if you call and speak with Darryl, chances are he will get it fixed or can walk you through it.

Paul

The point I was trying to make is simple ... Should a shop owner have to reach out to Doosan main office or should there dealers step up and fix there customers machines ,,, three weeks is a long time to have a machine down and why has Ellison not been in contact with Darryl a long time ago and why after 3 weeks are they just now calling in Fanuc ...

Even locknut ( Paul ) is writing in ***Ellison should be on your doorstep and get this done.***

One would think that when a tech from corporate found out that one of there customers has had a machine down for three weeks and was not getting the service they should be that they would get someone from corporate to call Ellison and get the ball rolling and not just tell the customer who to call at corporate and talk to ...

Doosan employees keep coming on the board and talking about how great there customer service is and how they have this huge stock of parts in the US .. but why is it customers have machines down for 3 weeks or in my case the machine was down for 7 months ...

I liked the Doosan DNM5700 I had ,, the machine its self was vary nice , but the support to keep it running was just not there.

would it be asking to much for Doosan to put Darryl on a plane and get him on the customers door after he has been down for three weeks and fix there machine? Clearly Ellison cant fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fanuc is actually coming out tomorrow to look at it. I'm pretty sure Ellison has contacted you guys already.

Again, thanks for all the help

I just spoke with our spindle expert here in New Jersey. he said that almost always, this is because the sensor is reversed.

Paul

The point I was trying to make is simple ... Should a shop owner have to reach out to Doosan main office or should there dealers step up and fix there customers machines ,,, three weeks is a long time to have a machine down and why has Ellison not been in contact with Darryl a long time ago and why after 3 weeks are they just now calling in Fanuc ...

Even locknut ( Paul ) is writing in ***Ellison should be on your doorstep and get this done.***

One would think that when a tech from corporate found out that one of there customers has had a machine down for three weeks and was not getting the service they should be that they would get someone from corporate to call Ellison and get the ball rolling and not just tell the customer who to call at corporate and talk to ...

Doosan employees keep coming on the board and talking about how great there customer service is and how they have this huge stock of parts in the US .. but why is it customers have machines down for 3 weeks or in my case the machine was down for 7 months ...

I liked the Doosan DNM5700 I had ,, the machine its self was vary nice , but the support to keep it running was just not there.

would it be asking to much for Doosan to put Darryl on a plane and get him on the customers door after he has been down for three weeks and fix there machine? Clearly Ellison cant fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with most of what you say but Ellison is all over the country as are we. I take issue with trashing the whole company when you actually only have an issue with Ellison in the Northwest. Also, when we are not made aware of issues here in New Jersey, how in the hell are we supposed to address it? Ellison does not call us and tell us of these problems, they are supposed to be qualified to handle it themselves and in most cases they are. The only way this will get handled by us is to call us and put in a service request with a detailed explanation. The answer will not be found on ANY web forum.

Paul

That would be great if it was just something as simple as Ellison putting a part in backwards. And to think it might have only took the shop reaching out online under a day to possibly fix what the dealer has not done in three weeks ...

I just spoke with our spindle expert here in New Jersey. he said that almost always, this is because the sensor is reversed.

Paul

We reversed it late last afternoon and we got zero feedback from the PLG. I really wish that had worked.

Fanuc should be here in a couple hours with an oscilloscope and another PLG. The gearing for both the orientation flag and look good.

Thank you guys for all the help, I'm actually a long time lurker on here this is my first post. Hopefully I can contribute more than just asking for help in the future.

I can't speak for Ellison, especially the office on the West Coast as I have only met a couple of their apps techs. If you are not getting the kind of support that you need, we also have the main office in New Jersey. We are here to help too. 973-618-2500. Please don't simply trash us all, including Ellison. In our office we do our best or I wouldn't be here trying to help. As far as I'm concerned, nobody gets blown off and/or ignored. As in "not my problem". The 5 other guys I work with are the same way. When someone says they spoke with "corporate", that doesn't say much. Chances are you did not speak with anyone in my office because we wouldn't leave you hanging.

Ashastry, you should not have to get Fanuc involved. Ellison should be on your doorstep and get this done. Our office has service techs that are certified on our spindles and if you call and speak with Darryl, chances are he will get it fixed or can walk you through it.

Paul

I think there is a lot of confusion here. Ellison has been very responsive this whole time. I've had at least one tech out here nearly every day working on this thing.

I try to stay out of the way because A. I'm more of an apps guy, and B. I don't want any confusion as to liability if I fire this thing up to 14k and it takes a shit.

I'm just currently at my wits end since I'm programming and running parts that we run on this to run on 3 axis VMC's.

Ellison has contacted both Doosan and Fanuc and been very responsive, all the way from service to parts.

I think there is a lot of confusion here. Ellison has been very responsive this whole time. I've had at least one tech out here nearly every day working on this thing.

I try to stay out of the way because A. I'm more of an apps guy, and B. I don't want any confusion as to liability if I fire this thing up to 14k and it takes a shit.

I'm just currently at my wits end since I'm programming and running parts that we run on this to run on 3 axis VMC's.

Ellison has contacted both Doosan and Fanuc and been very responsive, all the way from service to parts.

Responsive is great, but what you need is effective.

Glad to hear this, this is what I am used to when dealing with Ellison. If I misunderstood, my apologies. When I looked up that error, it recommended changing the cable or at least checking it. I was shown how that worked this morning. Did you try reversing the switch like my earlier post suggested. This is what our spindle rebuilder told me. Something wrong with the cable? The switch itself. I was also told to check the gap with a plastic or paper shim, NOT metal, because the magnet could give a false reel/reading on a metal shim.

Paul

So Fanuc came in with an oscilloscope. They spent a few hours fidgeting with the sensor and finally found a range that picked up both signals.

Back