What's new
What's new

Doosan Lathe Coolant Lines??

nightsky84

Aluminum
Hello All,
I'm new to this site. I apologize if this isn't in the correct location! I'm looking for some braided coolant lines for our Doosan Lathe. Our tools use an 1/8 BSP Adaptor and the only way to hook it up to the machine is either with a 15mm brass ball that has the same threading in it or to an m8x1.25 threaded hole in another brass fitting that came with it. Do you know where I can purchase these or where to start looking I can't find anything! Locline has npt threads but I can't find any type of banjo bolt to accomodate that. Qpm has some stuff but nothing with a big enough thread to use the ones that I could get with iscars coolant hoses. I'm lost!

Sandvik has some hose kits for through tool coolant on lathes, comes with a few end fitting options.
I bought one for my through tool parting blade but never tried it yet.

I soldered pipes in most of the brass balls, works way better now. Also drilled out some of the set screws to cap them with .093 holes or so.

What model lathe do you have? Our new Puma 3100 has a plugged 1/8 bsp port in the top and back of the external tool holders, these are actually plugs for the coolant passage drilling.

The ports drilled on all my doosan blocks are BSPT.
I bought a few adapters from McMaster, so e straight and some right angle, that go from BSPT male to bspp female.
I then use the sandvik hoses that have bspp threads. The sandvik hose kits also come with 15mm ball adapters to bspp thread.

Back