What's new
What's new

Doosan lynx 220lmsa tool setter problem/question

chip_maker

Stainless
When I use the toolsetter on my lynx 220lmsa all of the tools on the main spindle are off approximately .160 in the z+. Everything on the sub side is fine.

How do I get the toolsetter to zero the tools on the face of the part instead of .160 in front of it? is there a parameter or some registry I need to put an offset in or something?

Thanks

New machine? Used machine? Abused machine? First check would be the touchsetter. Put a dowel pin in the live tool spindle and touch off the tool in both Z- and Z+. The offset should read half the diameter of the dowel pin within reasonable error. If the value isn't that, there is something wrong with the parameters of the touch setter. If it is that value, your work offset technique is wrong.

New machine? Used machine? Abused machine? First check would be the touchsetter. Put a dowel pin in the live tool spindle and touch off the tool in both Z- and Z+. The offset should read half the diameter of the dowel pin within reasonable error. If the value isn't that, there is something wrong with the parameters of the touch setter. If it is that value, your work offset technique is wrong.

ok, say i find a problem doing that check, how and where do i correct it?

i've had the machine about 3 years now. bought it used in very good condition, the previous owner is a friend.

the battery died and we had to reset reference positions, this problem showed up after that.

Apparently I suck at links. Google search for "adjust doosan touch setter" and its the first result from CNC Zone. Like I said it works on our older Pumas with 18i and 21i controls.

When I use the toolsetter on my lynx 220lmsa all of the tools on the main spindle are off approximately .160 in the z+. Everything on the sub side is fine.

How do I get the toolsetter to zero the tools on the face of the part instead of .160 in front of it? is there a parameter or some registry I need to put an offset in or something?

Thanks

If you have a 16 or newer Fanuc control I believe the parameters for Z touch setter are 5017 and 5018. What I do is set up a tool on a plate and measure with an indicator/height gage to get the correct geometry for that tool and put those numbers in to tool geometry offsets. When the tool is mounted and the touch setter is used, if the geometry changes, I do the math and put the difference in parameter 5017 or 5018. 5015 and 5016 I believe are for x-axis plane.

This is from my memory which isn't good these days, but there are parameters to compensate for the touch setter if something has changed from the factory. Page up and down around the parameters I gave you and you should be able to find them. The sub-spindle parameters are farther down, but they have their own set of parameters to tweak also.

Daryl

ok, so the tool setter checks out fine.

The battery on the machine died and after replacement and resetting machine zero's is when this problem first appeared.

I'm thinking I have to mess with the grid shift to get everything back on track.

Is it parameter 1250 that I do the grid shift in?

The battery on the machine died and after replacement and resetting machine zero's is when this problem first appeared.

I'm thinking I have to mess with the grid shift to get everything back on track.

changing the grid shift will require re-referencing that axis.
It will also change the Sub offsets

To understand correctly. before the APZ alarm. you had G54 main and G55 sub Z values of (number here)

Now after re-referencing using the marks, you have the same value for the sub Z fixture offset and the main is off by .16

is it possible you "jumped grid" on both the Z and B re-reference procedure?

I think 1250 is the first reference position in metric, and 1251 is the first reference position in inches. Grid shift is probably parameter 1850, but you haven't said what control is on the machine.

Thanks

The setter needs to be re-calibrated. A common and easy thing to do. Procedure is very simple. DM me if you need it, I have it in PDF format.

Back