What's new
What's new

Doosan Lynx.....dialing the turret in..........

david n

Diamond
I'm sure it's simple, but I want to get the last few thou of misalignment out of the turret in my Lynx. I need to rotate it a bit, but what to I need to loosen up to get 'er to move? What type of coupler am I looking at here? Some kind of taper lock? Does the turret need to be in the unclamped position? I loosened the cap screws in the pick but no movement.....................the outer ring of screws looks to have two thread holes for jacking/loosening the ring? Tried it "gently" and it is still tight.............TIA

IMG_0448.jpg

If I remember correctly there are a couple pins that you need to pull out, then bang into place (unclamped),
You can also adjust the round tool holders if you just need a couple thou, they have a eccentric pin under
the holder that you loosen and turn to move the centerline of the holder, my machine is a 2001, not sure if that applies to newer models

You NEED the procedure from Doosan. The adjustment might not even be on the front.

Mori has like 20 steps to follow.

This machine is very easy to align radially.

I have a 300c Doosan with the same turret. Had to realign it when I first purchased it used.

Take out those 12 large set screws. Should be 10mm Allen. All they do is plug the counterbore hole from coolant/chips. 8 of the 12 have M10 bolts in them. With the hydraulics on loosen them up individually and lightly tighten them again. The other 4 holes are for taper pins. If they are in there, remove them by using a bolt and stack up of washers to pull them out. Slide hammer if you have one is even quicker. All four pins need to be removed. Then I take a dial test indicator and position the needle along the slot where an OD turning tool would sit. Run X axis up and down with the hand wheel on that surface and find out how much it’s out. Then I just take a soft face dead blow mallet and tap against a boring bar holder or something sticking out to radially bump the turrret around. When your indicator doesn’t move, re torque the eight M10 bolts.

Up to you if you put your taper pins back in. I ALWAYS leave taper pins out. Simply because if our lathes do have a crash, I want the turret to be able to shift. I’ve never had a turret get out of alignment from heavy roughing either. Most times I pull them, the pins are unusable anyways, they get damaged with a crash. Re-Ream your taper bores with a taper pin reamer, and new pins if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup...............Talked to a tech and it aligns like every other turrret I have had to tweak. I was just checkin' as I have yet to play around with this one.........................

Back