What's new
What's new

Doosan Lynx Live Tooling

I work for Doosan, I can try to help. First, I need the exact model number, serial number and date of build. After that, I can try to lo0ok up this info. Or, maybe quicker, you can call service at 973-618-2500. Did you even try calling us for service questions first? It's usually good practice to give as much info straight away in order to get help fast. Saying you have a Lynx means nothing. There are many models.

It sounds more like the turret is out of alignment. If it has a Y Axis, there might be a parameter but even with that, it still seems like the turret is out. Have you tried checking the turret? If there is no Y Axis, the most certainly the turret is out.

Paul

Lynx 2100LSYB
Serial # ML0406-000181
11/2018 is the build date.
I was just curious if you could set the live tooling at zero instead of having to offset a tool to find the center everytime.

OK, first, indicate the face of an empty tool spot. If it is off, then you have a turret alignment issue and the machine was probably bumped or crashed. We know these things happen. If the tool is off center a lot, then you most likely have a turret alignment issue. If the tool is only off center a couple of tenths, this is "normal". If you need help, call the number above and you will get instant help. I am an applications engineer, not service. Darryl Hardt is your service contact. Walking you through this here is not the best form of service so please call and you will get the help you need.

Paul Anderson
Applications Engineer
Doosan Machine Tools America
[email protected]
973-618-2457

I think you are misunderstanding what I am asking. I want to know if is a way to set you Z for live tooling so it would technically be at zero. For a drill I currently need to offset the difference to find the center of the drill.

I didn't misunderstand anything. You did not state your case in the first post or the second. The answer to your last question is to set your endmill or drill with the Q-setter and set a tool offset for that tool. There is no parameter to set because every tool will be different. That's what tool offsets are for. If you want, you can put, say, a .500 pin in the tool holder, use that to set the Z with the Q-Setter. That offset will not change for that tool station unless you physically change something.

Paul

I think you are misunderstanding what I am asking. I want to know if is a way to set you Z for live tooling so it would technically be at zero. For a drill I currently need to offset the difference to find the center of the drill.
Not to pile on, but damn man, you're barely using English here... I have no idea what you are asking either. You asked about Y center, then mentioned Z. Huh???

Sorry I thought I had explained it better. Just wanted to know if you set the z to zero.

You set the Z to zero for each tool station by using the tool setter. Then you set the part Z to zero by using a tool, usually a turning tool, by calling it up with it's offset and touching off on the part zero and setting your work offset. Now I may be misunderstanding something so I am going to ask a question and not try to insult you. Are you new to turning? These are things any qualified turner would/should already know and this applies to any CNC lathe. So be honest. If you ask vague questions you will get vague answers simply because you don't give enough info. That doesn't help you and doesn't help people who want to help you.

Paul

Back