What's new
What's new

Doosan Puma TT1800SY with LNS Quick 6 Bar Feeder issues

nightsky84

Aluminum
So we just had an LNS quick 6 bar feeder installed. He gave me some sample programs for the barfeeder to go off of which I used for the most part. M50 and M51 are bar feeder codes for this machine. He said I should only have to use M51. I tried that it didn't work. So I thought well I'll try to use both. It worked! Awesome right? Well it goes through the cycle perfectly from the start and then starts over on the next piece. Well the stop comes out and the collet opens and the barfeeder pushes it maybe an inch if that and it just stops. Nothing happens until I have to reset the machine cause it's just sitting there. So I'm attaching all of my files for this program and would like some support whether it be the barfeed part of the program or even check my sub program to see if that would make the barfeed switch out bars properly. I have never messed with a barfeeder before so this is all new to me but I'm trying my best! Thanks in advance!!View attachment O9999.txtView attachment O0310.txtView attachment O0311.txt

Sounds like it's not getting confirmation of chuck clamp/unclamp.
Perhaps a short dwell between the M69 and M51 and again between M51 and M68 could help.
I think Ellison is your distributor, they could help.
You can also call Doosan in Pine Brook.
But, sounds to me like the machine is getting a little ahead of itself.

Here's mine....For SMW bar feeder

O7000(bar feed)
M5
M9
/2M98P7001
G28U0W0
T1212
G0X0Z.15
M69
Z.025
M51
M68
Z.15
G28U0W0
M99

07001(BAR FEED)
M5
M9
G28U0W0
T1212
M69
M51
G4 U4. W4.
G0 X0
Z.1
M51
M68
Z.1
G28U0W0
M1
M99

Last edited:
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the dwell definitely helped, but we found out through LNS that they didn't have the parameters set up right in the control. All is well now!

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that the dwell definitely helped, but we found out through LNS that they didn't have the parameters set up right in the control. All is well now!
Would you be able to share some insight on this if you can? Nowhere new to programming or the process, but this will be my first multi-channel and also first multi spindle and I'm having a hard time figuring this part out. No real information with the machine, books only list m50 and m51 as 'barfeed commands' but not what they actually do, original programmer is dead and the programs are setup in a way I can't make sense of (for instance both spindles using g55 in both channels). I have the exact same machine and I'm getting my first program for it ready to go, but I'm trying to use my barfeeder as just a loader, and use the sub pick & pull with cutoff method. How can I make the barfeeder check the length remaining to know wether to load a new bar or not? I've looked through some of the older programs and seems m51 can check as well as push (push until load detected?) but it's quite confusing being as there is multiple m51s and also my first time seeing the /2 command. What I have programmed now does the pick/pull/cutoff and sub home, m51 with main clamped to check length, /2p98XXXX go to load program if too short (m10 part catcher, m69 open chuck, m51 dump remnant and load bar to stop, m11 catcher return, cut face, m99 return).

Am I close, or even on the right track? Can anyone shed some light on the difference between m50 and m51? Or possibly share a program example of what I am trying to do.

Would you be able to share some insight on this if you can? Nowhere new to programming or the process, but this will be my first multi-channel and also first multi spindle and I'm having a hard time figuring this part out. No real information with the machine, books only list m50 and m51 as 'barfeed commands' but not what they actually do, original programmer is dead and the programs are setup in a way I can't make sense of (for instance both spindles using g55 in both channels). I have the exact same machine and I'm getting my first program for it ready to go, but I'm trying to use my barfeeder as just a loader, and use the sub pick & pull with cutoff method. How can I make the barfeeder check the length remaining to know wether to load a new bar or not? I've looked through some of the older programs and seems m51 can check as well as push (push until load detected?) but it's quite confusing being as there is multiple m51s and also my first time seeing the /2 command. What I have programmed now does the pick/pull/cutoff and sub home, m51 with main clamped to check length, /2p98XXXX go to load program if too short (m10 part catcher, m69 open chuck, m51 dump remnant and load bar to stop, m11 catcher return, cut face, m99 return).

Am I close, or even on the right track? Can anyone shed some light on the difference between m50 and m51? Or possibly share a program example of what I am trying to do.
Your best bet is going to be to call LNS on this one if you can't find the manual for it. The configuration (bar diameter, feed out length, etc) is completely handled by the barfeeder, the M codes are effectively just signals from the machine telling the barfeeder it can do it's thing. They can walk you through the configuration, it's pretty straight forward. If the barfeeder isn't behaving the way you expect, I can only assume it's not set up to do what you want it to and it's a few menu options away from doing so. It's likely that they were changed for a different job. Ours get changed regularly to go back and forth between set up types.

The /2 is an optional block skip. Hit the "Custom 1" key and it is likely the first thing you see in the menu. The barfeeder handles turning this on and off for bar changes. It works the same as the normal block skip button, but these 8 ( /2 through /9) are hidden away in the menu with no controller feedback beyond this menu.

Back