What's new
What's new

Doosan Puma TT1800SY opinions..............

david n

Diamond
Came across a TT1800SY for sale. Early 2010's..............Looks pretty clean.................What to look for? Solid machine? Good, bad, ugly? TIA.......................

We have an early 2010s TT1800SY here, so feel free to ask any specific questions if you have them.

It has had some alignment issues and been down a few times in the year I've been here, but it has definitely been banged around a bit so I don't know how much of that I hold against it. Overall though, it's a really capable machine.

Feel free to ask! I taught the classes on multi path/multi tasking lathes at Doosan for years and wrote many of the texts. I have the classroom manuals I used, in PDF if you'd like.
The TT series is a VERY productive machine. It takes a little getting used to but the learning curve isn't that long. It takes a little acclimation to get used to seeing two turrets chowing away but you really get some terrific throughput.

Even if the parts you're machining don't require it, just the ability to machine side one and hand off to path 2 and cut side two without stopping or human intervention is a very productive ability. Let me know if I can help!

Back