What's new
What's new

Doosan Puma TT1800SY Spindle Direction Question?

nightsky84

Aluminum
We recently bought a dual spindle dual turret Doosan lathe. I'm using mastercam to program it. There is an upper and a lower button on the panel which allows you to control whichever you want. During one of my programs I noticed my left spindle spinning in the opposite direction that I want it to for my drills. If i post an m03 s100 p11 while upper is selected it goes ccw like it should. If i post this same code while the lower is selected it goes cw. Is it supposed to do this or am I needing to change a parameter? My drills are all posting out an m3 code which is right even if i create a tool and specify that direction but the lathe is wanting to do the opposite! Let me know if anyone knows about this! Thanks!!

Naming your control would help...

But, in my Swiss, which are similar to dual spindle lathes in a lot of regards, programming an M03 is the main spindle... The sub spindle is an M23 for CW rotation.

Programming an M3 with the sub spindle sync'd with the main will cause CCW rotation in the sub, so that it matches the CW rotation of the main. Could it be something similar with your lathe?

Locknut is correct. On TT series, M3/M4/M5 are directed via a "P" address. So, for upper turret, P11 (main spindle), P12 (live turret). For lower turret, P21(sub spindle), P22 (live tool). You can cross paths and have the turrets look at the opposite spindles using an M264 "Other pulse coder" command but MAKE SURE you put it BACK with an "M265!" Any questions,PM me, I taught their advanced and multi axis classes for years.

Back