What's new
What's new

Doosan Vision servo battery change interval?

SND

Diamond
How often are you guys changing the little 3.6V battery in the Vision servo? My lathe uses one for the turret, I guess some mills might also use them for the tool changer or something. Part# 300419-00035
I think I was told every 2 years but I can't find it in manual and I'm not sure how low it can get before it'll alarm or just lose it all ?
Maybe I should just do it every year with the main servo D cells?

thanks

The problem I have found, is that a lot of the "new" 3.6v batteries have been on the shelf for an long time, so they are not fresh. Buy them from an place that sells a lot of them and the odds are more in your favor.
Back up the parameters for the vision drive. I use a camera, just scroll thru and snap, and save the pictures in 2 places and you should be OK.

Great idea to take pictures of those parameters, and yeah, they probably do sit a fair bit on their self, thankfully lithiums are usually good about 10yr shelf life but that'd be pushing it. I usually buy 5 at a time for the mill and stock them here, as mill needs them every year, that's been fine so far. The main control ones worry me a bit though, been changing them 3-4 years interval just in case even if some never change them or go 7+years.

I thought with all the members here who have these doosan machines a few of us would be changing that vision servo battery once in a while or know the scoop on intervals.

One of ours (ATC wheel) didn't quite make it to 2 years, so as a preemptive measure, probably 12-18 months with the D-cell mains.

The alarm trips when it reaches low voltage before you lose position/params, so I wouldn't worry about that.

You can get 'em from batterystore.com.

I'm doing the D-cells every year in that machine. I keep a log on the back of each machine with dates and which battery.
This thing has 2 different ones. I think I'll just do the turret one each year as well, or as least see what voltage is left in it when I change it.
That machine often sits powered off a whole month.

When I worked for an Doosan dealer we would install battery holders, so you could just pop in a new cell. Serviced lots of servo turrets and never noticed a pattern to the timing of the cells going low.

Changed it this morning, its a bit hard to get the little clip to release. Turns out the original which was in there about 20months was still at 3.5V.
Anyhow, I put the turret on T1, put the new battery in, the servo gave an ali error when it noticed the battery was disconnected, then it wouldn't tool change. Shut her all down and restart, then it was all fine. My machine sits a lot with no power, so its good to see that battery appears to hold for a couple years anyway. I took pics of all the settings just in case.

Back