Doosan vs Hyuandi - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    2231

    Default

    Don't rule out Quaser!

  2. Likes CBlair liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmari --MariTool- View Post
    Don't rule out Quaser!
    Are they in the same budget as a doosan/Hyundai?

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA USA
    Posts
    6,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1070
    Likes (Received)
    1482

    Default

    I am pretty sure YCM is Quaser...

    Nope I am thinking of YCI who was absorbed into Quaser.

    Charles

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Hyunadi quote is pretty appealing but I don't know anything about them.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    6,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1936
    Likes (Received)
    6248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    Hyunadi quote is pretty appealing but I don't know anything about them.
    For me it would come down to service..............Doosan wins in my area............... Plus I have found Doosan in NJ extremely helpful if I ever have questions. It's nice to go right to the source.................

  7. Likes DouglasJRizzo, LockNut liked this post
  8. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    For me it would come down to service..............Doosan wins in my area............... Plus I have found Doosan in NJ extremely helpful if I ever have questions. It's nice to go right to the source.................
    That's what I don't know about, service. With either.

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1566
    Likes (Received)
    2236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBlair View Post
    I am pretty sure YCM is Quaser...

    Nope I am thinking of YCI who was absorbed into Quaser.

    Charles
    I was told by our YCM sales rep that Quaser was a YCM family member that went out on his own/they went out on their own.

    YCM and Quaser owners are related, but not sure they still get together for Christmas, or whatever they do.

    We bought a new NSV-102a in 2017 and NXV 1020a a year later. We looked at Doosan, but decided to go with YCM.

    The NSV is a great machine, solid, heavy double roller rails/casting/trucks/ballscrews, etc....But is more expensive. The NXV is what I would call an average performance Taiwan machine, but with better attention to quality so it's held up well. The NXV series prices similar to the Doosan DNM series.

    Had bought a couple Hardinge V1000s over the last few years. They look like a Quaser to me, and I suspect they share many parts. Although I don't know for sure.

    In the northeast Kitamura and Quaser (And now YCM) are all sold by the same outfit. The Quaser was quoted as $2k less then the comparable Kit.

    Honestly, the Hardinge V1000 has been great bang for the buck. I opted for the Mits M80 control version. Gambled, but haven't been disappointed yet. We'll see.

  10. Likes CBlair, Sendit liked this post
  11. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5757
    Likes (Received)
    3928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    Hyunadi quote is pretty appealing but I don't know anything about them.
    Go see each one in person at the dealers. Have them run a small part for you. Compare.

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    364
    Likes (Received)
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    Go see each one in person at the dealers. Have them run a small part for you. Compare.
    While you are there press E-stop during a tool change and see which tool recovery you hate less.

  13. Likes chet, Garwood, mhajicek, lumley32, charlie gary liked this post
  14. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1566
    Likes (Received)
    2236

    Default

    I feel the same way about women as I do about machines in a sense. You never REALLY know them or their quirks until you've lived with them for a year.

    At least when it comes to machines you can compare specs. Some MTBs will conveniently leave out important info in their literature. Compare specs....Rail size/source/style, casting weight/design, ballscrew size/pitch/support, amount of trucks on the rails, configuration, control specs, what is an option/what is not between builders, etc.

    You will find that some machines in the same price "class", are not as comparable as you might think.

    Anytime I buy a new machines I get quotes from a few competitors and use that as firepower....Although I've usually already done my homework and know what I want.

    On one purchase I had 4 MTBs quote their comparable VMCs. All with the same Koma 4th.

    The quotes came back. From the lowest quote to the highest quote was double for the 4th. I realize that some MTBs have a "special" relationship with Koma/etc, but that was quite a spread. It was a 5 digit difference from the lowest to highest quote for the exact same 4th.

  15. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    6,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1936
    Likes (Received)
    6248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    While you are there press E-stop during a tool change and see which tool recovery you hate less.
    ↑↑↑↑ This..................never thought of doing that.

  16. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    298
    Likes (Received)
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    That's what I don't know about, service. With either.
    Service for a Brother comes out of Yamazen Atlanta with a 36 year track record. You will also rarely need it. Sounds like you may have already been in contact with your local team. Recovering the ATC is a cake walk too.

  17. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERFRANK View Post
    Service for a Brother comes out of Yamazen Atlanta with a 36 year track record. You will also rarely need it. Sounds like you may have already been in contact with your local team. Recovering the ATC is a cake walk too.
    Knoxville is where they would come out of. I'm in western NC currently.

    I like the idea of the stop during a tool change, slick

  18. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    298
    Likes (Received)
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    Knoxville is where they would come out of. I'm in western NC currently.

    I like the idea of the stop during a tool change, slick
    OK. Got it. Knoxville will take good care of you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

  19. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6397
    Likes (Received)
    3764

    Default

    How much of a jump is it from the Doosan to the Okuma Genos? Are they still running any decent deals on those?
    I'm guessing there's probably not too many deals around now with all the shortages and high metal prices eh?

  20. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    How much of a jump is it from the Doosan to the Okuma Genos? Are they still running any decent deals on those?
    I'm guessing there's probably not too many deals around now with all the shortages and high metal prices eh?
    About 20-30k ish. A good friend of mine was looking at them earlier this year. I went with him for a demo and it was kinda of a basket case. Back of the Genos had wires everywhere, some parts just zip tied in placed in the electrical cabinet. The test part they ran for him was 3/8em, 180ipm, 20% woc, 3/4doc. While the facility was great, the overall experience was eh. Okumas are great machines though.

  21. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    About 20-30k ish. A good friend of mine was looking at them earlier this year. I went with him for a demo and it was kinda of a basket case. Back of the Genos had wires everywhere, some parts just zip tied in placed in the electrical cabinet. The test part they ran for him was 3/8em, 180ipm, 20% woc, 3/4doc. While the facility was great, the overall experience was eh. Okumas are great machines though.
    Hmm really? I thought they were closer in price.

    Seem like right now none of the manufacturers want to offer any deals.

    Last year when I was looking they were offering a lot of inventives etc.

    Guess I’ll just wait it out.

  22. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    6,399
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1936
    Likes (Received)
    6248

    Default

    The Genos have been a lot more in price for the last few years................they had a nice low introductory price when they came out................but now Doosan has their new BVM 5700.................wonder where it lands price wise.........................

    https://www.ellisontechnologies.com/doosan/bvm-series/bvm-5700

  23. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    The Genos have been a lot more in price for the last few years................they had a nice low introductory price when they came out................but now Doosan has their new BVM 5700.................wonder where it lands price wise.........................

    https://www.ellisontechnologies.com/doosan/bvm-series/bvm-5700
    Heard 130’s - 135’s

    Doosan’s do come with data servers now standard.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Posts
    4,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3243
    Likes (Received)
    2599

    Default

    I wouldn't touch a Quaser with a 10ft pole. I had 2 of them and while the machines were decent iron the builder support was TERRIBLE!. I sold 1 2010 5 axis machine for $25k because they couldn't fix it and I sold the sister machine (That was running and making good parts ) for close to the same amount so I didn't have to deal with them anymore. Its sad because they seem to do so well in Europe but over here support was terrible. Waited a month for a tech out of Taiwan and they sent a guy who wasn't even prepared to fix the machine. He was just on the phone the whole time with the factory. I would buy a YCM over them for sure. I know a couple people that work for YCM.

    I have a Methods MV1600H on my floor that is incredibly accurate for how big it is. I bought it to go in an Erowa cell to do prep work / roughing to free up my Grob G550. The machine is 63 x 35" travels and heavy. We are holding .001 flatness over a 30" part. Stoked with the accuracy of the machine. We are working out some chip evac stuff and some minor PLC annoyances but the mechanics are solid.. I would look at them as well.

  25. Likes empwoer liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •