Doosan vs Hyuandi - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    We looked at a Doosan (BT30 machine) with pallet changer, and the Brother r650 pallet machine. Went Brother and it is by far the best machine in our shop, and happy we went that way. Dual contact, 16k spindle and it can fly through aluminum. (We do all aluminum production work).

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    730
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p-terp View Post
    We looked at a Doosan (BT30 machine) with pallet changer, and the Brother r650 pallet machine. Went Brother and it is by far the best machine in our shop, and happy we went that way. Dual contact, 16k spindle and it can fly through aluminum. (We do all aluminum production work).

    Congrats on your machine. But, as far as I know Doosan does not make or sell any BT30 machines. All of our machines have CAT40, dual contact spindle. Even our newest SVM4100 has a 40 taper spindle.

    Paul

  3. Likes p-terp liked this post
  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5754
    Likes (Received)
    3928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    Congrats on your machine. But, as far as I know Doosan does not make or sell any BT30 machines. All of our machines have CAT40, dual contact spindle. Even our newest SVM4100 has a 40 taper spindle.

    Paul
    Isn't the Doosan T4000 a BT 30 spindle?

  5. Likes p-terp liked this post
  6. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    730
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    Isn't the Doosan T4000 a BT 30 spindle?

    Well, I'll be darned. You are correct. We have not been made aware of some of the newest models. At the risk of being wrong again, we have not seen any of these in the states yet.

  7. Likes Mtndew, p-terp liked this post
  8. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4681
    Likes (Received)
    1262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    Well, I'll be darned. You are correct. We have not been made aware of some of the newest models. At the risk of being wrong again, we have not seen any of these in the states yet.
    Speaking of machines that Doo or Doo not wash up on US shores from Doosan,

    is the The FM series ever going to be sold here ?

    "The FM offers stable cutting based on antivibration materials and symmetrical gantry structure.
    A 42000 r/min spindle, X/Y/Z linear motors and direct
    drive motors in the trunnion table bring productivity
    and accuracy
    "

    5 axis,

    FM 350 5ax ?

    https://www.dormaccncsolutions.nl/im...p_brochure.pdf

    Brochure from the Netherlands; (on the 6th page of a short-ish PDF line up) - shows FM 200/5 ax and FM 350/5 ax.).

    the FM series has been going more than five years at least ?

  9. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5754
    Likes (Received)
    3928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    Well, I'll be darned. You are correct. We have not been made aware of some of the newest models. At the risk of being wrong again, we have not seen any of these in the states yet.
    To be honest, I had to Google it because I have never seen those machines either.

  10. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    730
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    Speaking of machines that Doo or Doo not wash up on US shores from Doosan,

    is the The FM series ever going to be sold here ?

    "The FM offers stable cutting based on antivibration materials and symmetrical gantry structure.
    A 42000 r/min spindle, X/Y/Z linear motors and direct
    drive motors in the trunnion table bring productivity
    and accuracy
    "

    5 axis,

    FM 350 5ax ?

    https://www.dormaccncsolutions.nl/im...p_brochure.pdf

    Brochure from the Netherlands; (on the 6th page of a short-ish PDF line up) - shows FM 200/5 ax and FM 350/5 ax.).

    the FM series has been going more than five years at least ?

    The FM350/5AX machine is a sweet little machine. We had one at IMTS 2016. You can get them here by special order if you really want one. But, we don't bring them in in quantities.

    Mtndew, I had to look it up also, LOL. This is another that we bring in by request. Special purpose machine. I was just speaking with one of the guys that is in charge of what to bring in and he told me that LG, the electronics company is building a line of 3000 T4000's with overhead gantry robots to tend them.

    Not many people know this, but Doosan also builds a complete line of Swiss screw machines and wire EDM's. We don't bring those in either as most of our dealers don't want to lose their lines for the better known brands.

  11. Likes Mtndew, cameraman liked this post
  12. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    54
    Likes (Received)
    49

    Default

    No relation, just found this comparison video Hyundai vs. Doosan.

    It is biased towards Hyundai, but they both seem like very similar and capable machines.


    Doosan DNM5700 Vs. Hyundai Wia KF5600II Comparison - YouTube

  13. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Went to look at hyundia yesterday.

    Take away the paint and the name plate and you can't tell which is which. Other than the tank is on the opposite side as a doosan.

    It doesn't have the creature comforts as Doosan (atc door, higher volume/pressure flood) off the top of my head.

    He had one doosan machine but Ellison spent a week in his shop for a atc cam box issue. Couldn't figure it out, they were wanting to replace it at $12k. Shop owner took it out, open it up and found a loose nut. Tighten the nut, that fixed the issue. Ellison sent him a bill for $5k.

  14. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5754
    Likes (Received)
    3928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    higher volume/pressure flood)
    What do you mean by this?

  15. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    39

    Default

    I recently went through an exhausting research of a new machine. I had a very unique need in long Y travel without going 50+ inches of X travel. In the end I found this brand which in my area is supported by the Kitamura dealer. It has been a super machine and is incredible value IMO. Getting thermal compensation at this price point is better than some bell or whistle like an auto door. Support has been amazing so far.

    TERA 40V | Micro Dynamics

    Micro Dynamics CNC Machines

  16. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    Doosan dnm comes with a high pressure/volume pump for flood.


    Hyundai still function well but there’s a noticeable difference between Hyundai and Doosan pump flow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Likes Mtndew liked this post
  18. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,040
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    267

    Default

    Finally got a methods quote back and on a 1300 vs a doosan dnm 6700 they are about 12% cheaper but the options aren’t exactly equal. The doosan does not have probes but has tsc while the methods has a radio probe kit and no tsc pump. Otherwise about the same.

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    south australia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    94
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    The FM350/5AX machine is a sweet little machine. We had one at IMTS 2016. You can get them here by special order if you really want one. But, we don't bring them in in quantities.

    Mtndew, I had to look it up also, LOL. This is another that we bring in by request. Special purpose machine. I was just speaking with one of the guys that is in charge of what to bring in and he told me that LG, the electronics company is building a line of 3000 T4000's with overhead gantry robots to tend them.

    Not many people know this, but Doosan also builds a complete line of Swiss screw machines and wire EDM's. We don't bring those in either as most of our dealers don't want to lose their lines for the better known brands.
    I didn't realize they did WEDM, i cant find them on their website.

  20. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    730
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    Finally got a methods quote back and on a 1300 vs a doosan dnm 6700 they are about 12% cheaper but the options aren’t exactly equal. The doosan does not have probes but has tsc while the methods has a radio probe kit and no tsc pump. Otherwise about the same.

    All Doosans are probe ready, meaning they come with the receiver installed at the factory. All you need to do is buy a probe and tool setter and pair them. Most Doosans come with a lot options reinstalled. TSC, through spindle air, inputs preinstalled for chip conveyor, high pressure coolant and others.

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    730
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snapatap View Post
    I didn't realize they did WEDM, i cant find them on their website.

    This is because we don't sell them in the states. You would have to go to another Doosan website, maybe in Europe or Asia to see them.

    Paul

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    6,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1936
    Likes (Received)
    6246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    This is because we don't sell them in the states. You would have to go to another Doosan website, maybe in Europe or Asia to see them.

    Paul
    There's a few vids of the swiss machine on the interweb.............there's also a few lathe models not offered here either........................LEO 1600?



  23. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    40
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    Here's a video, They added a shower washdown system (by the roof of the machine)

    Doosan DNM 5700s Vertical Machining Center Overview - YouTube

  24. Likes Mtndew liked this post
  25. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5754
    Likes (Received)
    3928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sendit View Post
    Doosan dnm comes with a high pressure/volume pump for flood.


    Hyundai still function well but there’s a noticeable difference between Hyundai and Doosan pump flow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahh. For some reason I thought you were referring to TSC.
    We're getting a big Hyundai next month, I think it has shower coolant, but only for the side walls of the interior as a washdown. That flood on the Doosan looks pretty nifty.

  26. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    730
    Likes (Received)
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    There's a few vids of the swiss machine on the interweb.............there's also a few lathe models not offered here either........................LEO 1600?



    The LEO is offered here. This is the machine that Titan is offering in his promotional program. Price is about 50K but this machine is an "educational" machine. Very capable but not loaded with any of the options associated with our standard line of machines.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •