What's new
What's new

Doosan vs Hyuandi

Sendit

Aluminum
I'm looking to sell my Haas (VF2SS) and get something else. I was down for a month

DNM5700 - I've been looking at hard, don't know if I should get the (S model) or not. Have to add air gun and coolant wash down gun. Not hard to do, it's just something it should come with. I would get the LNS Filter conveyor (I cut mostly alum, brass and some 1018)

Hyundai - Man..they look like they are made next door to Doosan as they both share a lot of the similar items, looks, waycover design, Head design, etc.

I am looking at a brother W1000. I'm nervous about doing that route because of Bt30 (never ran one) and the nose to table is 7 inches. I do a bit of plate/sheet metal work. Guess I could just hold the fixture in the vise. Like the Doosan, I know these machines are quality. I remember a "brother speedio jobshop" thread I need to find and read.

Doosan is a much better machine. We have had a horrible time with our Hyundai's, the support is bad as well.
By now Ellison should be well up to speed on Doosan, better machine and better support.

You said the Beetlejuice word, the Brother seagulls will be here any minute.

Ive been considering a dnm6700 the travels suit me perfectly. Not ready to
Move on one yet so I haven’t looked too hard into it.

Methods was supposed to send me a quote on their machine but salesman probably forgot. Seemed like list was the same as a Mazak so probably not gonna go that route anyhow.

I'm looking to sell my Haas (VF2SS) and get something else. I was down for a month

DNM5700 - I've been looking at hard, don't know if I should get the (S model) or not. Have to add air gun and coolant wash down gun. Not hard to do, it's just something it should come with. I would get the LNS Filter conveyor (I cut mostly alum, brass and some 1018)

Hyundai - Man..they look like they are made next door to Doosan as they both share a lot of the similar items, looks, waycover design, Head design, etc.

I am looking at a brother W1000. I'm nervous about doing that route because of Bt30 (never ran one) and the nose to table is 7 inches. I do a bit of plate/sheet metal work. Guess I could just hold the fixture in the vise. Like the Doosan, I know these machines are quality. I remember a "brother speedio jobshop" thread I need to find and read.

The Air gun and coolant washdown are nice, but really, you could add your own for a LOT less. Put the money into other things.

You're not too far off, the Hyundai VMC plant is just down the road from the Doosan plant.

If you go from a Haas the the Doosan, you'll be impressed. O'course you need to learn Fanuc............... I really like my DNM500. You'll see better finishes and got through less tooling(more rigidity)...............you'll give up a bit of speed though..................

You're not too far off, the Hyundai VMC plant is just down the road from the Doosan plant.

And from what I've heard they spend a pretty penny sniping each others engineers. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if each companies engineers had previously worked for the other company.

From my own experience I'd go with Doosan. We get way less trouble out of our older Doosans than the newer Hyundais.

+2 for Hyundai. My KF5600 has been great. Coming from a vf2ss, it's a huge difference.

The Hyundai prolly is a good machine, but 'round here the brand seems to bounce from dealer to dealer way too often to get reliable support 'n service......................and true, performance would be a step up from a Haas......................

Last edited:
The Hyundai prolly is a good machine, but 'round here the brand seems to bounce from dealer do dealer way too often to get reliable support 'n service......................and true, performance would be a step up from a Haas......................

My dealer has been solid (Technical Equipment) I've bought several machines of different brands, from them, always great.

Performance is better then my vf2ss, but I was referring to the machine all around. The fit and finish is just better. Coolant tank design, interior chip control, the new ihmi makes the fanuc a breeze.

Ellison seems to be decent around my area as well. Truth be told, if I hadn't bought other machines from Tech Equip, I most likely would have the doosan. Not much else IMO that touches these machines for the price range.

And from what I've heard they spend a pretty penny sniping each others engineers. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if each companies engineers had previously worked for the other company.

From my own experience I'd go with Doosan. We get way less trouble out of our older Doosans than the newer Hyundais.

They do it all the time.
Right now, I'd vote Doosan. Support, parts, and service are big bang for the buck. The Hyundai looks ok, but I've heard only so-so things. Right now, I'd vote Doosan.

When we bought our last VMC, We started with a list of every manufacturer we could find (minus Chinese clones), compared available features, reputation, cost/budget, parts availability, ease of service, etc., and Doosan and Hyundai were the final two contenders. Both seemed to be built to comparable quality and both had local support and presence, but in the end we went with Doosan as they seemed to be more common and had more of a reputation. Hyundai was close though.

That's basically an industry standard is it not?
Once you account for your vise and holder that distance is about 2" or less with a stubby holder.

Personally I'd go for the Hyundai.

Haas is 4".

I do plate work, fixtures are 1" thick nominal...more like .980-60 after facing. I remove the vise and bolt these to the table. I should of put my two vises on and tried to hold them there. OH well, live and learn.

Haas is 4".

I do plate work, fixtures are 1" thick nominal...more like .980-60 after facing. I remove the vise and bolt these to the table. I should of put my two vises on and tried to hold them there. OH well, live and learn.

If you get a dual contact spindle longer holders shouldn't be much of an issue.

We have a DNM5700 for four years and have not had any issues. We have Brothers as well. All depends on your work, but if it needs smaller tools with lots of tool changes…. There really is no comparison, IMHO.

Does anybody have any opinions on a ycm machine? Not sure what model yet. I have never looked much into them but looks like they have a pretty solid machine? Opinions?

Looking for a 50x26 travel size but I may have to settle for about her 4020

Back