What's new
What's new

Doosan way lube alarm

yardbird

Titanium
Once the way lube light/alarm comes on if the program is interrupted how can you get it to continue without restarting the program once it's filled?

The light came on, I pushed the motion hold, put it in manual, stopped the spindle, went to break, came back put it in auto to start it back up and the single block was on and I couldn't get it to do shit afterwards and had to rerun the program up to that point again.

Any way to get it to take off from where it was interrupted? Grrr!!

Thank you!

Brent

Once the way lube light/alarm comes on if the program is interrupted how can you get it to continue without restarting the program once it's filled?

The light came on, I pushed the motion hold, put it in manual, stopped the spindle, went to break, came back put it in auto to start it back up and the single block was on and I couldn't get it to do shit afterwards and had to rerun the program up to that point again.

Any way to get it to take off from where it was interrupted? Grrr!!

Thank you!

Brent

No way of getting around this that I know of. I have the same problem.

If there's no one around that I can ask to fill for me, then unless it's a really long cycle, usually just let it finish up to the next toolchange then worry about it.

Otherwise I add an intermediate N number at a convenient place to restart and GOTO there after all the tool initialisation stuff.

Our newest Victor has a means to stop and restart, but it is implemented in the ladder. Our Doosan doesn't have anything like that even though it's a fairly modern machine.

If you're stopped in the middle of a G71 cycle then I don't think it's possible without having the functionality in the ladder. This is one of several reasons I have my posts output roughing code in full rather than use the canned cycles.

If this is a Fanuc Oi control, there is a Program Restart button. This is a Fanuc feature, not necessarily Doosan. Learn how to use it.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's an option.

It's not an option on a Doosan. For as long as I remember, it has been standard on all of our machines. It could be tricky to use depending on where you want to restart. I haven't seen any MTB who got it perfect. Heidenhain seems to be pretty good. Anyway, your best bet would be to start at the beginning of the tool change where it left off, if that's possible. A long running tool, that's a different problem. Also, you could look at the parameters for what happens when an alarm occurs. It would seem to me that a lube alarm would not necessarily cause the machine to stop until a tool change. The lube light could light up but not cause the machine to go to the alarm screen.

What machine and control is this. I could look up the parameters and I might even have a tech doc on the use of Program Restart.

Paul

What machine and control is this. I could look up the parameters and I might even have a tech doc on the use of Program Restart.

Paul

Thanks Paul

It's a Puma 300 with the 0i-TD. Typically this isn't too much of a problem. Mostly it runs until M30 but I stopped it in the middle of a G71 roughing cycle at break then no matter what I tried I couldn't get it going again.

Thanks everyone!

Brent

Last edited:
Hi Brent, I've run into this before.

1st refill the way oil, 2nd hit the blue button to 'release alarm', third hit cycle start and take it off single block and you should be golden.

Hope this helps.

InkedIMG_0106[618]_LI.jpg

Hi Brent, I've run into this before.

1st refill the way oil, 2nd hit the blue button to 'release alarm', third hit cycle start and take it off single block and you should be golden.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 242716

No kidding?

After further review that blue button does say "emergency release" and "alarm reset".

I had thought that buttons only purpose was to get you off the limits in case of a over travel. I had never noticed it said "alarm reset" before you mentioned it.

Thanks Buddy! I really appreciate it...:cheers:

I see that is your first post. Welcome to the board btw!!

Brent

Thanks Paul

It's a Puma 300 with the 0i-TD. Typically this isn't too much of a problem. Mostly it runs until M30 but I stopped it in the middle of a G71 roughing cycle at break then no matter what I tried I couldn't get it going again.

Thanks everyone!

Brent

Brent, i work for Doosan. I do have a tech doc on the use of Program Restart but it seems you may not need it now. Email me if you would like it though. Also, you can contact me if you have any questions for any other things.

Paul Anderson
Applications Engineer
Doosan Machine Tools America
973-618-2457 (direct)
[email protected]

Back