What's new
What's new

Drip feeding to a fadal 4020

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
Can someone help with this. I program for a guy starting up and he doesn't have enough memory to hold some of the programs I make for him. What is the best/cheapest way to solve this problem. I'm thinking a small computer with DNC software but if there is a better way I sure would like to know

Thanks much

steve

Another way to go is the XlTransfer device. The link is USB to CNC Transfer

I've been using this for a couple of years and is my only way to get programs into my Fadals. I got this thinking I can transfer programs to several Fadals and it could also transfer to other machines as well.

If you want to avoid "sneaker net" you can also use a device such as a Moxa or Lan CNC to have your Fadal wired so you don't have to use usb flash drives. Especially if you plan to ad more machines.

I bought a Dell Latitude E5500 with Win 7 installed on eBay for $50.00. This laptop comes with a serial (RS232) port and has wireless capability.

For the DNC part, I use NC-Fadal.I use Dropbox for all my files. Works great :)

pete

I bought a Dell Latitude E5500 with Win 7 installed on eBay for $50.00. This laptop comes with a serial (RS232) port and has wireless capability.

For the DNC part, I use NC-Fadal.I use Dropbox for all my files. Works great :)

pete

+1

Cheap laptop/tower of CL/ebay if you don't all ready have one.

I used the Fadal DNC program, but prefer the ONECNC DNC program.

$69 free shipping from Newegg
Refurbished: SAMSUNG XE303C12-A01US-B Chromebook, Scratch and Dent 11.6" Google Chrome OS - Newegg.com

The money you save by not buying a Calmotion DNC device you can buy a lot of tooling inserts etc etc.

Ah! Didnt realize those were the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I’m sure Fadal came out with their own software...maybe. And this company updated, repackaged and sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back