What's new
What's new

Driving me insane. RoboDrill T10b alarm 252 only after machine has been sitting

fultorn

Plastic
This only started happening about 2 weeks after changing the spindle motor,

after the machine has been turned off over night. in the morning they will turn the spindle on and warm up the machine. when they go to do the first tool change Alarm 252 comes on (ATC spindle 252)

the manual says to check on Diagnosis bit 531, if bit 6 is 1 then there is a deviation in magazine index.

if bit 2 is 1 then there is a deviation in spindle movement. this is the Bits that i got: 01100100,

6 and 2 are on! after i do a turret restoration after the alarm it will make tool changes fine and sometimes in the mornings it wont even alarm out!

i called Methods Machine and spoke to Michael said that this is strange and would have to have a tech sent out to take a look at it. which i really dont want to do.,.

any leads on this or advice would be appreciated.

i dont have much to help you, but i have a similar type of issue on my t10c and id be willing to bet the root cause is similar to mine.

our first tool change in the morning would seem to not engage the gear on turret and spindle properly and it would make bad noise and get stuck between changes or just alarm out and youd havta spend 30mins screwing with it. then itll be fine all day. i found that before the first tool change if i jogged z down and g53z0 and repeat a few times then tool changed it would be fine, no explosion or alarms. then our spindle motor started to make tons of noise.

had methods send a tech out, he said the motor is bad and if we replace it it should fix the tool change issue. had them remove and replace the motor and it still does it.

we ended up turning the turret spin speed down and its been ok for now.

very curious as to why this happens

i dont have much to help you, but i have a similar type of issue on my t10c and id be willing to bet the root cause is similar to mine.

our first tool change in the morning would seem to not engage the gear on turret and spindle properly and it would make bad noise and get stuck between changes or just alarm out and youd havta spend 30mins screwing with it. then itll be fine all day. i found that before the first tool change if i jogged z down and g53z0 and repeat a few times then tool changed it would be fine, no explosion or alarms. then our spindle motor started to make tons of noise.

had methods send a tech out, he said the motor is bad and if we replace it it should fix the tool change issue. had them remove and replace the motor and it still does it.

we ended up turning the turret spin speed down and its been ok for now.

very curious as to why this happens

its weird that this just now started happening a couple of weeks after we changed the spindle.

i just got off the phone with Fanuc. he thought that maybe the cutter compensation was saved and didnt remove it till after it alarmed the first time.

which i dont understand because it will do it even if you do a tool change manually with the button on the control. and not through the program,

what parameter is the turret spin speed? i would like to try that and see what happens.

well only thing i could come up with is that in the mornings being cold. its throwing the alarm because its harder to turn the turret.,

i ended up slowing down the turret turn speed like you said and havent looked back, no alarms at all! thank you

Help!!

Hello, i have the same problem and i'm trying to slow down the speed on the turret, but i don't know where, some one may help me please? I should switch the k0.4 keep relay, but i can't find it, i apreciate your support. Regards
Erik S.

Hello, i have the same problem and i'm trying to slow down the speed on the turret, but i don't know where, some one may help me please? I should switch the k0.4 keep relay, but i can't find it, i apreciate your support. Regards
Erik S.
Hello I replied to my other post under my other account in cnc. Zone. Under nogoodNolan , what's your email and I'll send you everything I have on it.

the manual says to check on Diagnosis bit 531, if bit 6 is 1 then there is a deviation in magazine index.

if bit 2 is 1 then there is a deviation in spindle movement. this is the Bits that i got: 01100100,

6 and 2 are on! after i do a turret restoration after the alarm it will make tool changes fine and sometimes in the mornings it wont even alarm out!

I think you read bits from right to left. Reading right to left, they are not both on.

QB

Back