What's new
What's new

Dynapath 40 Control Issue (E-Stop)

mhansen

Plastic
Greetings All,

I have a Tree Journeyman 250 with a Dynapath 40 controller on it. When it boots up, I release the estop to proceed through the axis homing/referencing process but it keeps throwing an error code that the estop has not cleared, which is not allowing the motors to kick online. Does anyone have thoughts on how I could bypass this switch or figure out whats going on?

I have a Tree Journeyman 250 with a Dynapath 40 controller on it. When it boots up, I release the estop to proceed through the axis homing/referencing process but it keeps throwing an error code that the estop has not cleared, which is not allowing the motors to kick online. Does anyone have thoughts on how I could bypass this switch or figure out whats going on?
E-stop is a normally-closed circuit that has to be complete for the startup to proceed. Any broken wire, open switch, bad contact or whatever will keep it from operating.

This is a good thing. Machines are dangerous, an uncontrolled axis runaway will happily crush your hand, arm, leg, head, whatever. You don't want to bypass an e-stop circuit ever. You may need it some day.

Find what's wrong and fix it.

Make sure your off and away from the limit switches before homing. I need to take off the e stop and then press the reset button a couple of times at startup on my 40 50 60 controller to get it going.

Make sure your off and away from the limit switches before homing. I need to take off the e stop and then press the reset button a couple of times at startup on my 40 50 60 controller to get it going.

is there a limit switch in the Z? I dont see the machine is against the x or the y limits?

Back