What's new
What's new

Dynapath 40M: PARAMETER DATA DISCREPENCY

dmcnally

Aluminum
Hi,
I have an older (1997) CNC bed mill with a Dynapath Delta 40M controller. When I power it up the following is displayed on the monitor and I can't get to any of the menu screens.

WARNING: A PARAMETER DATA DISCREPENCY HAS BEEN DETECTED.
CALL YOUR MACHINE TOOL SUPPLIER FOR ASSISTANCE.

If I press the "MODE SELECT" key nothing happens and the main menu screen doesn't appear.

I've pressed the "MACHINE START" button the the controls (servos, etc,) seem to start up.

I've sent a message to Dynapath, but I haven't received a response yet.

I don't have a clue what's wrong with the control, but my machine is a 3 ton paperweight and I'd like to get it going again.

Any help, or clues to what's happening (and how to get around it) would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Dave

I received a reply from Dynapath. Here it is.

== begin paste ==
The parameter discrepancy error, is caused by in proper or no data in your machine parameters. The machine parameters are located on your flash/memory board, that is the half sized board with 10 dip switches on top. Also noticed you have a low battery, this battery is also on the flash/memory board and will need to be replaced. Please verify that the only switches in the ON position are 1,4,5 & 10.

To enter the Parameters and look at the values you will need to type in PAR from the main power up screen, this will launch you into the parameters, however if you are not familiar with the DynaPath parameters I suggest you call and talk to us before doing so.
== end paste ==

Dave

Back