What's new
What's new

Dynapath Delta 40 Controller: Programming

mhansen

Plastic
Greetings All,

I recently acquired a 1995 (or 1997) Tree Journeyman 250 with a Dynapath Delta 40 controller and I was curious if anyone had experience with loading programs from Inventor or HSM into a RS32 port? I am not a machinist but I have a good CAD background and have some experience loading programs into a HAAS VF2SS from HSM. I'm curious if its possible to do, and how I would go about getting this done? I have heard people mention "drip feeders" and specialize cords and adapters, so I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Greetings All,

I recently acquired a 1995 (or 1997) Tree Journeyman 250 with a Dynapath Delta 40 controller and I was curious if anyone had experience with loading programs from Inventor or HSM into a RS32 port? I am not a machinist but I have a good CAD background and have some experience loading programs into a HAAS VF2SS from HSM. I'm curious if its possible to do, and how I would go about getting this done? I have heard people mention "drip feeders" and specialize cords and adapters, so I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Hi mhansen,

Do you have a hard drive on that machine? If so and your programs are under 1.44 MB in size one alternative is to replace the floppy drive with a USB thumbdrive floppy emulator. In my case I occasionally have programs larger than 1.44 MB so I replaced the internal hard drive with an SD card to hard drive interface and copy my larger files directly to the SD card (this requires a machine shut down). This works so well in my case that I just drip feed from the hard drive most of the time without transferring to program memory.

If you really need to use RS232 drip feed I believe Dynapath still has the instructions and cable pinout on their website.

RT

I have a 40 50 60 controller and just drip feed from my pc mastercam via a an rs232 port and cable. I did replace the io card that was fried. There about 50 bucks and just pop right in the back of the controller in the back of the machine.
The program #needs to have 8 or less characters to be recognised. No spaces in the code and an E with no n line number at the end of your program.
Just message me if you need some more help to get it going.
I run some huge programs that take all day to machine using this with no issues.

Back