What's new
What's new

Dynapath to fusion 360 scale factor issues?!

Hey guys Ive a couple weeks ago I bought a Clausing Kondia FV-1 and have picked up programming with conversational pretty quickly. The machine runs on dynapath delta 10, for being a older system Im really impressed with how well it works! My issue is I have a couple parts that require more in depth profiling than what I think conversational is capable of. I know that I cannot drip with with delta 10 however I have gotten all of the bugs worked out and have successfully uploaded programs via the rs232 port. My issue is I have set my fixture offsets in the mill and set my work piece coordinates in fusion 360 but they dont match up. For example if I want my first operation to face off the top of a part I set my offsets to be on the left side on the back (fixed jaw) of my vise and set my WCS in fusion properly and then start the program when it goes to run it is a couple off inches off from where it needs to be, so after some tinkering I found that if I set my scale factor in my settings of the mill to (sx 0.0) & (sz 0.0) and start the program it moves posistion exactly to the far left corner of the stock but it will not allow it to run the program and then resets my scale factor to (sx1.0) & (sz1.0) which it will reset everytime from what I read on my dynapath manual. I know there is something I am missing and Ive looked to the best of my ability to find what the problem could be but for the life of me I cant figure it out 😔 does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for taking the time to read through my lenghthy post btw I hope I worded what exactly I have going on properly to the point thay its not too confusing, Thanks again

I run an FV-300 with a more recent control (Delta 60M) and also use Fusion 360 CAM. You should not have to change anything to do with scale to run your programs.

Assuming the machine parameters are correct, you just need to set one of the work offsets (I use the same reference as you and save in E1) to your chosen part reference on the machine and select the same location in your Fusion 360 environment. Make sure you tell Fusion to call up the same work offset (E1) in tab 3 of the setup window.

If this is what you are doing already then you'll need to walk us through your procedure for setting work offsets and explain how you call them up in your conversational programs. Perhaps include a sample program output to compare the blocks up to first move between the conversational and Fusion 360 produced code.

RT

Back