What's new
What's new

Electric Way Oiler retrofit question

Uguessedit

Aluminum
Wondering if anyone has purchased and installed a electric way Oiler on a Fadal or similar type machine to replace the bijur pid pump? The rebuild kit is $500 and pump $1000 and for a 4-5 liter capacity PLC pump they can be found for $250. Could be wired on when the machine is turned on or to be turned on when the machine turns relay on. Plus having an alarm feature would be nice if the Oiler isn’t up to pressure or running low on oil. The bijur seems less reliable given the expense to repair or replace it and I’m not confident a rebuild kit will fix it. The current pump has an issue back feeding into the reservoir. The plunger and seal look ok and it was fairly clean inside but when I prime with compressed air I cannot get it to dribble out the connector with hoses disconnected. After a long search it looks like it’s an all or nothing fix so that’s why I’m considering using a 220v electric Oiler pump. I couldn’t find a post if someone else has tried this so I’m hoping someone who had will share the ins and outs and whether they’d do it again. Thanks.

The PDI and SLR systems operate at different pressures. I am not sure if Bijur's and other mfr PDI "dester" systems operate at the same pressures.

I bought a Bijur unit off Ebay recently.
Mine was a take-off it appears, but there were many new units (not direct replacement to mine) for a LOT less than you are saying.

???

One issue that I had was that the new electrics seemed to be of a different type, and so I pulled off what I needed and fixed my old one.

(Not Fadal)

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back