What's new
What's new

Ellison dropped okuma

davids9722210

Plastic
In the machine tool industry.I think that the biggest event is american goverment punish toshiba selling 5-axis machine to russia.
Does anyone agree that the second biggest event is that ellison dropped okuma?Someone can speak any detail about that

This kind of stuff happens all the time. Here in the Midwest, Hartwig sells Okuma, and Ellison sells Mori. Yamazen used to sell Mori, now they sell Brother.

In the machine tool industry.I think that the biggest event is american goverment punish toshiba selling 5-axis machine to russia.
Does anyone agree that the second biggest event is that ellison dropped okuma?Someone can speak any detail about that

I thought it was Mitsubishi, not Toshiba, that sold the 5 axis machine control systems to Russia for making quiet pitch sub props?

I have heard from a couple of pretty good sources that Mori was moving to a direct model in most areas like Mazak does and that Ellison was in a world of hurt. Ellison is trying to get the Doosan line away from Amtech (they really screwed the pooch on service) but don't know if that is going to happen. Take rumors for what they are, but there is a lot of moving around amongst the brands right now.

I have heard from a couple of pretty good sources that Mori was moving to a direct model in most areas like Mazak does and that Ellison was in a world of hurt. Ellison is trying to get the Doosan line away from Amtech (they really screwed the pooch on service) but don't know if that is going to happen. Take rumors for what they are, but there is a lot of moving around amongst the brands right now.

I thought DMG Mori had an ownership stake in Ellison?

I thought DMG Mori had an ownership stake in Ellison?

I'm not sure exactly what the shell game is, or how it's changed since 2007, but that was the case back then:

March 2007

Ellison Technologies, Inc., (Santa Fe Springs, Calif.) the machine-tool sales and distribution firm with outlets in the American West and Midwest, has been purchased jointly by trading company Mitsui & Co. Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan) and machine-tool builder Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. (Nagoya, Japan). Purchase price is reported at approximately $35-million.

Mitsui, with gross sales last year in excess of [yen] 4.1-trillion (almost $35-billion), has major interests in the iron and steel, chemicals, machinery, and financial markets. Its largest subsidiary outside Japan, Mitsui & Co. (USA), Inc. (New York, N.Y.), has been expanding from the import/export business into other business services. Although Mitsui & Co. is a major stockholder in jig-grinder and precision-machining-center builder Mitsui Seiki Kogyo Co. Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan), that company remains separate. Another company that shares the Mitsui name but also is separate is surface-grinder builder Mitsui High-tec Inc. (formerly Mitsui Mfg., Kitakyushu, Japan).

Mitsui, Mori purchase Ellison. - Free Online Library

JMO, Out here in the sticks Hartwig sells Okuma, and I think it was good for the end user, service from Hartwig has been great here, while Ellison sucked. But Methods does Mori here I thought?

Robert

My Mazak sales guy tells me the Mori / Ellison divorce could happen anytime. Apparently, the Ellison people are being offered jobs at Mori at a substantial salary cut.

Here in the PNW:

Mazak left Machine Tool Works and is going to be sold by CNC Machine Services (former Doosan dealer)
Mori is going direct and leaving Ellison, who is picking up Doosan.

Here in the PNW:

Mazak left Machine Tool Works and is going to be sold by CNC Machine Services (former Doosan dealer)
Mori is going direct and leaving Ellison, who is picking up Doosan.

My experience with CNC Machine services is when they had the Okuma line. They sucked then. Times change, so maybe they are a better dealer now. If not, then Mazak will be there a few years then move on

What a blow to Ellison NW! To go from a premier builder (at least prior the DMG merger) to a second rate Korean builder, ouch! Ellison NW used to sell Daewoo in the early 90s so they know a bit about what they are getting into. During that era the guys in the service dept. called them Daewhoops cause the machines had many little problems and assembly mistakes that had to be dealt with during the install.

These dealership changes can be brutal, I asked one of the Mazak guys about the old dealer (poor field service) and did they bring any of the sales and techs over to the new place. He said they make a clean break and start from scratch with the new dealer's people.

Offers were made; with substantial reductions in pay. They couldn't convince anyone to follow the brand.

Back