What's new
What's new

Emco Turn 120P TM02 Problems

Erikflor

Plastic
I bought an Emco Turn 120P with TM02 controller awhile back and finally powered it up today. I was able to get the transformer for it and am running it off a rotary phase converter that has a CNC grade box to balance out the voltage. The fan kicks on, work light near the chuck turns on, and the screen brightens up but never moves past the green lines. I have the MSD tape for the machine but don't even get a screen to do anything with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm including a picture of the screen and a few pictures of the "guts" showing the lights.

IMG_5877.jpgIMG_5882.jpgIMG_5883.jpgIMG_5884.jpgIMG_5885.jpg

I bought an Emco Turn 120P with TM02 controller awhile back and finally powered it up today. I was able to get the transformer for it and am running it off a rotary phase converter that has a CNC grade box to balance out the voltage. The fan kicks on, work light near the chuck turns on, and the screen brightens up but never moves past the green lines. I have the MSD tape for the machine but don't even get a screen to do anything with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm including a picture of the screen and a few pictures of the "guts" showing the lights.

View attachment 144763View attachment 144764View attachment 144765View attachment 144766View attachment 144767

Have you tried checking your voltage where it comes into the machine? Upper left hand corner when looking at back of machine with panel off? Also where is your wild leg going to from your phase converter?

Have you tried checking your voltage where it comes into the machine? Upper left hand corner when looking at back of machine with panel off? Also where is your wild leg going to from your phase converter?

I'll check into that today. I have the line from the RPC running to the transformer. When I do trace the wild leg- what do i need to look for?

I'll check into that today. I have the line from the RPC running to the transformer. When I do trace the wild leg- what do i need to look for?

It seems to be the general consensus to put your wild leg on terminal three. Also check the voltage between different combinations of two legs to make sure your close to 380 volts.

I hate finding open ended forum posts so here is an update.

The wiring on the transformer was half setup for 460v input and half setup for 200v input. I switched it to 230v and all is good. Thanks for the help gents.

Emco 120T spindle

I hate finding open ended forum posts so here is an update.

The wiring on the transformer was half setup for 460v input and half setup for 200v input. I switched it to 230v and all is good. Thanks for the help gents.

Hello

I also have an Emco 120T machine I need assistance for ATC & wiring terminals from them

Best Regards
Manthan

I also have to ask you about spindle light

Back